1. This is the second of three meetings between the clubs, who will face off twice over the next six days (also, Apr. 7 at Prudential Center). The Devils are 8-3-2 on the road vs. Tampa Bay since 2008-09.
2. Coach John Hynes' club has points in seven of its last 11 games (6-4-1). His Devils are 10-6-4 vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 6-2-3 on the road.
3. This is New Jersey's final road game of the season. The Devils close out the regular-season schedule with a three-game homestand that opens Tuesday vs. Buffalo at The Rock.
4. Cory Schneider is making his first start since injuring his right knee in Dallas on March 4. He's looking to snap a personal four-game losing streak with his first win since Feb. 23 vs. the Rangers. Forward Jacob Josefson (12 games missed) and defenseman David Schlemko (7 games missed) are also set to return from injury tonight.
5. Andy Greene is expected to play in his 308th consecutive game tonight, surpassing Jay Pandolfo for sole possession of the fifth-longest games-played streak in franchise history. Kirk Muller is next on the team’s all-time list, having played in 321 consecutive games from Apr. 5, 1987-Mar. 31, 1991.
6. Adam Henrique, who recorded the 200th point of his NHL career Thursday in Florida, has 2g-3a-5pts over his last seven games vs. the Lightning. He became just the 33rd player in Devils’ history to reach the 200pt. mark.