Tonight’s contest is the Devils' final game of 2015. The Devils are 37-31-12 during the 2015 calendar year.
2. This is the second matchup between the two clubs and first since the Devils' 5-4 shootout win at Ottawa on Oct. 22. Lee Stempniak scored at 19:28 of the third period to force overtime before netting the deciding goal in the shootout.
The Devils won after overcoming a two-goal road deficit in the last six minutes of the third period for the first time in team history, and fourth time overall. (Elias Sports Bureau)
3. Cory Schneider gets the start in goal tonight. He’s 9-4-2, with one shutout, a 2.17 goals-against average and .930 save percentage in 15 road starts this season.
4. Mike Sislo was recalled from Albany (AHL) today and is looking to make his first NHL appearance since Dec. 31, 2014 at Detroit. Sislo, who has one assist in 24 career NHL games, leads Albany with 13g-10a-23pts in 28 games this season.
5. The Devils have points in six of their last seven games played in Ottawa (3-1-3) and are 7-3-4 vs. the Senators overall since 2011-12. Each of the last three games at Canadian Tire Centre have gone to overtime/shootout.
6. Andy Greene will play in his 267th consecutive game tonight, passing Aaron Broten (266, Dec. 6, 1982-Feb. 15, 1986) for sole possession of the seventh-longest games-played streak in Devils’ history. Among Devils defensemen, Greene trails only Ken Daneyko’s 388-game stretch from Nov. 4, 1989-Mar. 29, 1994. (Elias Sports Bureau)