The Devils reach the halfway mark of the season tonight. New Jersey is 20-15-5 through 40 games after going 14-20-7 through 41 games last season.
2. This is the third and final game of the season between the Devils (1-0-1) and Canadiens. Both of their previous meetings went beyond regulation, most recently on Nov. 28, when the Devils erased a 2-0 deficit before John Moore scored in overtime to cap a 3-2 victory in Montreal.
3. Cory Schneider was named today to the 2016 NHL All-Star Game. Tonight's starter, he has allowed two goals or less in 20 of his last 26 starts since Oct. 29 and is 13-9-4 with three shutouts, a 1.98 goals-against average and .932 save percentage during that stretch.
Schneider ranks seventh (tie) in the NHL in wins (17), sixth (tie) in shutouts (3), sixth in GAA (2.07) and sixth (tie) in save percentage (.928).
4. Andy Greene is set to play in his 600th NHL game tonight, all with the Devils. He’ll become just the 16th player and sixth defenseman (also, Ken Daneyko, Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer, Colin White and Bruce Driver) in team history to reach the milestone.
5. New Jersey is 8-2-3 against the Atlantic Division this season, including 6-0-2 on the road.
6. Montreal closed out their season-high eight-game road trip with a 2-6-0 mark following last night's 4-3 loss in Philadelphia. The Canadiens are 3-12-0 since Dec. 3.