Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s game in Columbus!
1. Tonight’s tilt is the Devils’ lone road contest during a 23-day stretch from Feb. 15-March 9. They’re looking to snap a three-game skid away from home, where they’re 10-18-2, overall.
2. This is the second of four games between the Metropolitan Division rivals and the first of two to be played at Nationwide Arena. The Devils lead the season series 1-0-0 following a 3-2 win at Prudential Center on Nov. 1.
3. Former Devil David Clarkson will make his Columbus debut tonight after being acquired from Toronto for Nathan Horton on Thursday. Clarkson has 15 points (10g-5a) in 58 games this season.
4. Linemates Mike Cammalleri (5g-2a) and Jordin Tootoo (2g-3a) each enters with a five-game point streak. Cammalleri assisted on Tootoo’s sixth of the season in last night’s overtime loss to Boston.
5. Adam Larsson’s assist last night was his 18th point (2g-16a) of the season, matching his career high (2011-12). Larsson has 14 points (1g-13a) in 22 games since Jan. 3; he had 13 points (2g-11a) in his previous 85 appearances dating back to the start of 2012-13.
6. Columbus has dropped four straight games (0-3-1) following a 5-2 loss to Montreal on Thursday.