1. This is the second meeting of the season between the two clubs. The Devils posted a 4-3 victory at Buffalo on Oct. 24 with Adam Henrique
(2g-1a) and Mike Cammalleri
(1g-2a) each registering a three-point game.
2. Henrique returns to the lineup tonight after missing two games with a lower-body injury. His 13 goals ties him for the team lead with Kyle Palmieri and his 23 points have him second with Palmieri and Lee Stempniak behind only Cammalleri (30).
"I don't put any extra pressure on myself (to come back from injury)," Henrique said. "I think with anybody, any time there's an injury you want to make sure you're healthy and 100 percent coming back. Obviously at different times, different scenarios come up, but I'm back to 100 percent and it'll be nice to be back out there tonight."
3. Cory Schneider made 26 saves to earn the win against the Sabres back in October. He's looking to rebound from Sunday's game against the Islanders in which he was relieved by Keith Kinkaid in the second period after surrendering three goals on 18 shots. Schneider is 4-1-1 with one shutout, a 1.44 GAA and .935 save percentage in six games vs. Buffalo as a Devil.
4. New Jersey has points in five of its last six games (3-1-2) and eight of its last 11 overall (5-3-3). John Hynes' group has points in four of their last five on the road (3-1-1), where they're 8-5-1 overall.
5. The Devils were 1/4 on the power play on Friday vs. Detroit and have scored at least one PPG in 19 of their 30 games this season. Their PP unit is 13/51 on the road this season; their 25.5% success rate ranks second in the NHL.
6. Cammalleri and Jordin Tootoo are playing in their 99th games as Devils tonight.