New Jersey Devils 1 vs Buffalo Sabres 3Three Stars: 1. Chad Johnson 2. Ryan O’Reilly 3. Jacob Josefson
• The Devils finished their season series 2-1-0=4pts against the Sabres.
• New Jersey has points in seven of its last 13 games (6-6-1=13pts). At 37-35-8=82pts, the club has already surpassed its win/point total from all of 2014-15 (32-36-14=78pts).
• The Devils have points in four of their last six home games (3-2-1=7pts), and are 18-16-5=41pts at Prudential Center overall.
• The Devils will play their remaining two games of the 2015-16 season at home. New Jersey is playing its final two games vs. the Atlantic Division. The Devils are 10-8-4=24pts vs. the Atlantic Division, including 4- 5-1=9pts at home.
• New Jersey was 1/6 (16.7%) on the power play tonight and is 5/25 (20.0%) over the last five games.
• The Devils were 3/4 (75%) on the penalty kill tonight and is 19/22 (86.4%) over the last five games.
• Jacob Larsson’s third period goal (0:12) in the third period was the fastest goal against to start a period this season. (Previously, 0:32, A. Cogliano vs. K. Kinkaid).
Patrik Elias returned to the lineup after missing 45 games (right knee) Dec. 22-Apr. 2. He logged 14:15 TOI.
Cory Schneider (15 saves/17 shots against + one ENG) made consecutive starts for the first time since (Feb. 26-Mar. 1) and fell to 26-25-6 overall.
Jacob Josefson scored his fourth goal (PP) of the season at 14:31 of the third period. He was 9/11 (81.8%) in the faceoff circle.
Tyler Kennedy and Kyle Palmieri recorded the assists.
Kennedy has points in back-to-back games (2a).
David Schlemko, Jacob Josefson, and Damon Severson each recorded 3 shots on goal.
Schlemko logged a team-high 21:46 of playing time.
Sergey Kalinin led New Jersey with five hits.