New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 6Team Notes
• The Devils fell to 15-15-4 at home and to 31-29-7=69pts overall.
• New Jersey trails the season series vs. Pittsburgh, 1-2-0.
• The Devils are now 16-4-1=33pts vs. the Penguins at Prudential Center since 2008-09.
• New Jersey is 9-14-2=20pts vs. the Metropolitan Division this season, including 5-6-2=12pts at home.
• The Penguins outshot the Devils, 30-18.
Keith Kinkaid (24 saves) fell to 5-6-1 on the season. He’s appeared in three consecutive games for the first time in his NHL career.
Cory Schneider suffered a grade 1 MCL sprain in his right knee on Friday at Dallas and did not play tonight. He will be re-evaluated in two weeks.
Kyle Palmieri scored his team-leading 25th goal of the season. He has 5g-3a-8pts over the last ten games.
Reid Boucher registered the lone assist on Palmieri’s goal and has a career-high 6a overall this season (previously, 5a, 2013-14). He also led the Devils with four shots on goal.
Adam Henrique was 11/17 (64.7%) in the face-off circle.
Sergey Kalinin led the Devils with a career-high six hits (previously, 5, Feb. 14 vs. Los Angeles).
Jordin Tootoo received 4 PIM tonight. With 102 PIM overall this season, has reached the 100-PIM mark for the first time since 2008-09 (124 PIM) and for the fifth time in his NHL career.
Jacob Josefson was unable to play due to a upper body injury.
David Warsofsky (lower body) missed his second straight game.