New Jersey Devils 3 at Columbus Blue Jackets 6
Kyle Palmieri matches career-high three-point night (2g-1a)Team Notes
• New Jersey fell to 0-4-0 in its season series vs. Columbus and is 0-5-1 in its last six games vs. the Blue Jackets (last win, Feb. 28, 2015).
• The Devils are 3-3-0=6pts over their last six road games and are 18-16-3=39pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• Tonight’s contest opened a stretch of five straight games vs. Metropolitan Division opponents. The Devils are 9-15-2=20pts vs. the Metro overall and are 4-9-0=8pts on the road.
• Tonight’s contest also opened club’s 11th of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are 4-5-1=9pts in first games and 4-4-2=10pts in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
• The Devils were 2/4 on the power play tonight; they were 0/12 over their previous six games.
• Columbus outshot New Jersey, 34-30.
Keith Kinkaid (ND, 22:50, 3 goals allowed/19 shots against) was relieved by Yann Danis for the second time in his last three starts.
Danis (L, 36:46, 3 goals allowed/15 shots against) appeared in his second NHL game of the season.
Kyle Palmieri tied his career-high with 2g-1a-3pts tonight (1g-1a-2pts on the PP). He has points in back-to-back games (2g-2a-4pts) and has 4g-5a-9pts over the last eight contests. Palmieri leads the Devils with a career-high 10g-10a-20pts on the PP & a career best 27g-22a-49pts this season overall.
Adam Henrique scored a power play goal and has established a new career-high with 26g this season (previously, 25, 2013-14). He has 3g over the last two games and 7g over past nine contests.
Travis Zajac recorded 2a, for his ninth multiple-point game of the season. He has points in two straight (3a) & has 3g-4a-7pts over the last eight games. Zajac ranks fourth on the club with 12g-26a-38pts this season.
Damon Severson was credited with the primary assist on Palmieri's first goal. He has points in back-to-back games (2a), has 5a over his last eight appearances and leads Devils' defensemen with 17a overall.
Reid Boucher recorded the primary assist on Palmieri's second goal. He has points in back-to-back games (1g-1a-2pts), 1g-3a-4pts over the past six games and 6g-8a-14pts in 30 appearances overall.