New Jersey Devils 0 at Tampa Bay Lightning 4Team Notes
• The Devils were shut out for the seventh time this season.
• New Jersey is 1-5-0=2pts in its last six games and fell to 30-26-7=67pts overall.
• The Devils are 6-3-1=13pts over their last ten games at Prudential Center and 15-13-4=34pts at The Rock overall.
• New Jersey is 9-5-4=22pts vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 3-4-1=7pts at home.
• Tonight’s contest closed out the club’s ninth of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are now 3-5-1=7pts in first games and 4-3-2=10pts in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
• The Devils’ penalty-kill unit was 6/6 tonight, is 23/25 (92.0%) over their last eight games at Prudential Center & is 39/43 (90.7%) over the past 13 games overall.
• Tampa Bay outshot New Jersey, 36-21.
Cory Schneider (32 saves) took the loss and fell to 26-21-6 on the season.
Tuomo Ruutu led the Devils with a season-high five shots on goal.
Andy Greene saw a team-high 24:26 of time-on-ice and also led New Jersey with three blocked shots.
Kyle Palmieri and Sergey Kalinin each registered three hits tonight.
Bobby Farnham returned to the lineup after being a healthy scratch for the previous three games. He recorded two shots on goal and received a 10-minute misconduct penalty in 6:56 of action
Jacob Josefson (illness) did not play tonight.