New Jersey Devils 2 at Buffalo Sabres 0
Cory Schneider records 19th career shutout
• The Devils improved to 16-11-4=36 overall & to 2-0-0 in their season series vs. the Sabres.
• New Jersey now has points in 14 of its last 15 games vs. Buffalo (10-1-4=24pts), is 5-1-3=13pts over the last nine road games in the series, and is 31-10-10=72pts vs. the Sabres since 2001-02.
• The Devils have points in five of their last six on the road (4-1-1=9pts) and are 9-5-1=19pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey has points in six of its last seven (4-1-2=10pts) & nine of its last 12 games (6-3-3=15pts).
• New Jersey is 6-0-2 vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 4-0-1 on the road.
• The Sabres outshot Devils, 25-21.
Cory Schneider stopped all 25 shots he faced, including 12 in the third period, to record his second shutout of the season (Nov. 14 vs. Pittsburgh). It was his 10th ShO with New Jersey and the 19th of his NHL career. Schneider has now allowed two goals or less in 16 of his last 19 starts since Oct. 29.
Lee Stempniak scored his eighth goal of the season (GWG) at 17:27 of the second period. He now has points in six of the last seven games (3g-3a-6pts) and 4g-4a-8pts over the last 10 contests. Stempniak has 8g-16a-24pts overall and needs just 4pts to match his total from all of last season (15g-13a-28pts in 71 games).
Jiri Tlusty gave the Devils a 2-0 lead at 4:12 of the third, his second goal of the season/first since the opener on Oct. 9 vs. Winnipeg (17 appearances).
Mike Cammalleri collected the primary assist on Stempniak's goal to snap a three-game point-less streak. He's reached the 20-assist mark for the first time since 2011-12 (21 assists in in 66 games).
Adam Henrique recorded the secondary assist on Stempniak's tally and has 5g-5a-10pts over his last 10 appearances. He returned to the lineup after missing the previous two games due to a lower body injury.
Kyle Palmieri registered the lone assist on Tlusty's marker and has 6g-2a-8pts over the last nine games.