• The Devils have won seven of their last nine (7-2-0) and have points in eight of their last ten games overall (7-2-1=15pts).
• New Jersey has won two consecutive home games for the first time this season and improved to 3-3-1 at Prudential Center overall.
• The Devils snapped a four-game winless stretch vs. the Blackhawks (0-3-1). It was their first win vs. Chicago since Mar. 27, 2012 at Prudential Center (2-1 SO).
• New Jersey chased an opponent's starting goaltender for the first time this season: Corey Crawford (L, 20:00, 3 GA, 13 SA) was relieved by Scott Darling (33:57, 1 GA, 13 SA) at the start of the second period.
• The Devils scored three goals in the first period, which tied a season high (also, Oct. 29 at Philadelphia, 3rd period). New Jersey's 13 shots in the first period also tied a season high (also, Oct. 29 at Philadelphia, 1st period & Oct. 24 at Buffalo, 2nd period).
• Chicago outshot New Jersey 29-26 overall and by a 21-13 margin over the final two periods.
Cory Schneider (27 saves) made his tenth consecutive start in goal and improved to 7-3-1 overall. He's 7-2-1 with a 2.05 goals-against average & .925 save-percentage during this ten-game stretch.
Kyle Palmieri registered 1g-1a-2pts and has points in back-to-back games (1g-2a-3pts) for the third time this season. Palmieri has 3g-4a-7pts over the past five games and 4g-6a-10pts overall.
Travis Zajac recorded 1g-1a-2pts for his third multiple-point game of the season & now has 6g-4a-10pts over his last seven appearances.
Lee Stempniak scored his third goal of the season/first since Oct. 22 at Ottawa (five games). He added an assist on Zajac's goal for his second multiple-point game.
Mike Cammalleri scored his fourth goal of the season and snapped a four-game scoring drought.
Damon Severson recorded 2a for his first multi-point game since March 14 at Arizona (2a). He now has 3a over the past three games. Severson leads Devils' defensemen with 0g-6a-6pts on the season.
Adam Henrique received a five-minute major penalty for fighting Jonathan Toews in the first period. It was the second regular season fight of Henrique's career/first since January 10, 2012 in Calgary vs. Jarome Iginla. Henrique also fought New York's Ryan McDonagh in game four of the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals.
Henrique led the Devils with four shots on goal tonight.
Adam Larsson led the Devils with a season-high 27:29 of TOI.
Jiri Tlusty returned to the lineup after missing his two games due to a shoulder injury. He recorded two shots on goal and was +1 in 14:46 of action.
Stefan Matteau was a healthy scratch for the fifth consecutive game.
Eric Gelinas was also a healthy scratch; he had played in eight straight coming into tonight.