New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Boston Bruins 4
Bobby Farnham scores, Cory Schneider makes 27 saves.
• New Jersey has lost a season-high three straight games in regulation (tie, Oct. 9-13).
• The Devils are now 4-4-1=9pts over their last nine home games and fell to 9-10-3=21pts at Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey is now 8-4-3=19pts vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 2-3-1=5pts at home.
• The Devils fell to 0-1-1=1pt. in the season series vs. the Bruins. They are 3-12-4 vs. Boston since 2010-11, including 2-6-1 at Prudential Center.
• New Jersey outhit Boston 34-17.
• The Devils won 26/49 (53.0%) faceoffs in the contest.
• Boston outshot New Jersey, 31-20.
Cory Schneider (27 saves) made the start and goal and fell to 17-13-5 on the season.
Bobby Farnham scored the Devils' only goal at 11:57 of the second period. It was his third goal in the last six games and sixth of the season. Farnham has 5g-1a-6pts in 15 games at Prudential Center since joining the Devils.
Stephen Gionta collected the primary assist on Farnham's goal and now has 2a over the past four games. He was also 10/12 (83.3%) in the face-off circle.
Adam Larsson also assisted on Farnham's goal, his first assist/point since Dec. 20 at Boston (seven games).
Damon Severson led New Jersey with a season-high 24:31 of TOI tonight.
Kyle Palmieri led Devils' forwards with 22:45 of TOI but did not record a shot on goal for just the third time this season (also, Dec. 20 at Boston & Nov. 10 vs. St. Louis).
Paul Thompson registered 2 PIM, one shot on goal and was +1 in 13:10 of action in his NHL debut.
Jim O'Brien made his first NHL appearance since Apr. 2, 2013 at Boston. He had 2 PIM and recorded a team-high (tie, Sergey Kalinin) four hits in 12:55 of TOI.
Marc-Andre Gragnani played in his first NHL game since Feb. 26, 2013 at Washington. He posted one hit in 14:05 of TOI.