New Jersey Devils 0 at Colorado Avalanche 3
• New Jersey fell to 1-2-0 on its season-high four-game road trip and is 1-5-0 over its last six games overall.
• The Devils were shut out for the second time in six games and for the fourth time this season.
• New Jersey finished 0-2-0 in the season series vs. Colorado and is now winless in six straight vs. the Avalanche (0-3-3, last win, Mar. 15, 2012, 1-0 SO at Prudential Center). New Jersey is 0-3-2 in its last five visits to Pepsi Center (last win, Mar. 15, 2008, 4-2).
• The Devils are 4-5-1=9pts over their last ten road games and are 12-9-2=26pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey is 7-9-1=15pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 3-4-0=6pts on the road.
• The Devils were 0/3 on the power play tonight and are 0/15 over the past six games. They allowed their seventh shorthanded goal, which is the second-most in the NHL (Arizona, 8).
• New Jersey outshot Colorado 27-26, including a 14-7 advantage in the third period.
Cory Schneider (23 saves + ENG) made the start in goal and fell to 11-6-2 on the road/18-14-5 overall. Despite the loss, Schneider has now allowed two goals or less in 23 of his last 30 starts since Oct. 29.
Damon Severson led the Devils with a season-high (tie) four shots on goal.
Jon Merrill registered a season-high three shots on goal.
Andy Greene led the Devils with 21:13 of TOI tonight.
Kyle Palmieri was tops among forwards with 20:29 of action; Joseph Blandisi was second with a career-high 19:15.
Stephen Gionta was 5/7 (71.4%) in the face-off circle; Jim O’Brien was 7/13 (53.8%).
Tuomo Ruutu was activated from Injured Reserve and returned to the lineup after missing the previous three games. He recorded two hits in 12:16 of action.
Jordin Tootoo missed his first game of the season due to injury.
Bobby Farnham served the first of a four-game suspension for interference against St. Louis Blues forward Dmitrij Jaskin on Jan. 12.