Thursday, March 1, 2012
--- After completing a near perfect month of February by posting a record of 11-0-1, the Phoenix Coyotes are the hottest team in the National Hockey League and have earned 23 out of a possible 24 points to move into sole possession of first place in the Pacific Division and third place in the Western Conference.
Below are a few highlights from a remarkable run by the Coyotes in February:
· Goaltender Mike Smith
posted an 11-game winning streak (11-0-0), the longest streak by a goaltender in franchise history.
· Smith was named the NHL’s First Star of the Month March 1 and was named the NHL’s Player of the Week on Feb. 13.
· Left wing Ray Whitney
posted a season-high eight-game point streak (2-10-12) through Feb. 13 (second-longest point streak of his career) and is currently riding a six-game point streak (3-4-7).
· Whitney is now just 16 points shy of 1,000 points for his career.
· Right wing Radim Vrbata
has registered 8-7-15 over the past 14 games and scored seven goals in February (3 GWG) to become the first player in the Western Conference to reach 30 goals (a new career high). He ranks Tied for 4th in goals in the NHL.
· Shane Doan
scored his 20th goal of the season on Feb. 25 at Edmonton. Doan has now scored 20 or more goals for the 11th time in 12 seasons.
· The Coyotes posted a seven-game home winning streak at Jobing.com Arena in February (longest active home winning streak in the league).
The Coyotes now have only 19 games remaining in the 2011-12 regular season including 10 crucial home games at Jobing.com Arena against Western Conference opponents that will have playoff implications. Don’t miss your opportunity to watch the hottest sports team in the Valley live at Jobing.com Arena. Playoff strips are on sale now. To get your tickets today, please visit PhoenixCoyotes.com or call 480-563-PUCK (7825). Coyotes Remaining Home Schedule:
· Thursday, March 1 vs. Calgary (7:00 p.m.) – Coyotes face-off against Jarome Iginla and the Flames
· Saturday, March 3 vs. Columbus (6:00 p.m.) – Buck Bash/Upper Deck Trading Cards Giveaway
· Thursday, March 8 vs. Minnesota (7:00 p.m.) – Coyotes battle Dany Heatley and the Wild
· Saturday, March 10 vs. San Jose (6:00 p.m.) – Lunch Sack Giveaway/Pacific Divison battle for first place
· Monday, March 12 vs. Nashville (7:00 p.m.) – Coyotes take on Shea Weber and the Predators
· Thursday, March 22 vs. Colorado (7:00 p.m.) – Coyotes face Matt Duchene and the Avalanche
· Sunday, March 25 vs. St. Louis (6:00 p.m.) – Sunday Night Hockey versus David Backes and the Blues
· Thursday, March 29 vs. San Jose (7:00 p.m.) – Joe Thornton and the Sharks return for the final meeting of the regular season
· Saturday, March 31 vs. Anaheim (6:00 pm.) – Fan Appreciation Night
· Tuesday, April 3 vs. Columbus (7:00 p.m.) – Home finale versus Rick Nash and the Blue Jackets
For more information, please visit PhoenixCoyotes.com
or by calling 480-563-PUCK (7825).