GLENDALE -- Here are 10 things you need to know about the Coyotes and the 2015 NHL Draft this weekend:
1. The Coyotes are slated to make eight selections: 3rd, 30th, 32nd, 60th, 63rd, 81st, 123rd and 183rd. Only seven teams - Carolina (10), Columbus (10), Edmonton (10), Philadelphia (10), Calgary (9), Florida (9) and Tampa Bay (9) - have more picks.
2. The Coyotes are slated to make two selections in the first round for the first time since 2010 when they chose defenseman Brandon Gormley (13th) and goalie Mark Visentin (27th).
3. The Coyotes are slated to make six picks in the first three rounds. Should they make all six picks as scheduled they would set a franchise record for number of picks made within the first three rounds of the draft.
4. The Coyotes have drafted a forward with their first pick in each of the past three drafts: Henrik Samuelsson in 2012, Max Domi in 2013 and Brendan Perlini in 2014. This comes after drafting a defenseman first in each of the three drafts before that streak: Oliver Ekman-Larsson in 2009, Brandon Gormley in 2010 and Connor Murphy in 2011.
5. After drafting two goalies – Mark Visentin and Louis Domingue - in 2010, the Coyotes have drafted just two since: Marek Langhamer in 2012 and Brendan Burke in 2013.
6. The last four players the Coyotes have selected with their first pick in the draft all have fathers who played in the NHL: Connor Murphy in 2011 (Gord), Henrik Samuelsson in 2012 (Ulf), Max Domi in 2013 (Tie) and Brendan Perlini in 2014 (Fred).
7. The 2015 NHL Draft is being held in Sunrise, Fla., for the first time since 2001. The Coyotes made nine picks that year, including one in the first round: forward Fredrik Sjostrom (11th overall).
8. This will be the Coyotes’ ninth draft with General Manager Don Maloney at the helm. Maloney was drafted 26th overall by the New York Rangers in 1978.
9. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Winnipeg Jets selecting forward Shane Doan with the seventh overall pick of the 1995 NHL Draft. Doan has played 1,394 games for the Jets/Coyotes franchise since then and he is the longest-tenured captain in the NHL. To put this in perspective, Connor McDavid, who is expected to be the first overall pick in this year’s draft, was born more than a year and a half AFTER Doan was drafted.
10. For the second straight year the Coyotes will be announcing a significant change to the franchise the same weekend as the NHL Draft. Last year, the team changed its name from "Phoenix Coyotes" to "Arizona Coyotes" to coincide with the draft. This year the team will unveil new home and away uniforms just as the draft begins.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Click here to view a photo gallery of some of the Coyotes' recent first-round draft picks - plus one oldie but goodie!