Rod Brathwaite, Canucks Centre for BC Hockey ManagerPosition runs from:
Sept. 2010 – Dec. 2010 *Potential for term extension to April 2011SUMMARY:
The Canucks Centre for BC Hockey Student Associate supports the staff of the Canucks Centre for BC Hockey (‘Centre’) and the Community Partnerships department of the Vancouver Canucks. This position touches on many areas of public relations, including program administration, special events, and strategic planning. The majority of duties are of an administrative nature.
*APPLICANTS MUST BE ENROLLED IN A POST-SECONDARY INSTITUTIONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- General duties: - Oversee editing of outgoing print collateral, update Centre’s web-space, assist with on-ice experiences, attend weekly department meetings, complete research projects where necessary, act as a volunteer on special events, and other duties as assigned.
- Marketing Strategies – Develop and implement strategies to increase both awareness and traffic into the Centre.
- NHL Street Program – Manage program administration, distribution of equipment and inventory control, act as Canuck liaison for participating NHL Street program centres
- Communication with Centre partners – Maintain communication with BC Hockey and Hockey Canada to provide and receive regular updates on programs, events and news
- Administration of Centre events – Arrange mail-out, email, and telephone communications for all Centre events such as Female Jamboree, First Strides Program, Team First Challenge, Penalty-Free Challenge, among others.
- Inventory control – maintain organization of Centre materials including equipment and supplies in storage as well resources available to the public located in the Centre; develop and implement inventory control system for Centre resources (books, videos, etc)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Committed to ensuring superior customer service and supporting the team
- Outgoing, energetic, and pleasant personality with a professional telephone manner
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented; self-starter
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office, email and internet usage
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work flexible hours, as some evenings and weekends will be required
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter FOR THIS POSITION ONLY, no later than Friday, August 13, 2010. It is preferable that you submit your application (use MS Word or PDF format) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively fax to 604-899-7771.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.