Human ResourcesReports to:
Employee & Labour Relations Advisor
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative, employee, and systems support to the Human Resources Department with back-up support to the Finance Department and break relief for the Gate 16 Receptionist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources and Finance Departments, as required
- Receives incoming telephone calls and handles to the fullest extent possible
- Coordinates employee lunches, social events and staff draws
- Provides recruitment support by scheduling interviews, preparing new hire packages, creating employee files, preparing offer letters for event staff, and providing overall support for event staff recruitment campaigns and orientation nights
- Maintains updated event staff employee handbooks and arranges for publication as required.
- Supports employee recognition programs by coordinating length of service anniversary gifts and 3-Star Awards and inputting awards data into HRIS
- Coordinates rooms and logistics for training workshops, All Staff meetings and other meetings, as required
- Maintains Educational Assistance Program and administers reimbursements
- Updates company Organization Charts
- Maintains updated Confidential Phone list and distributes quarterly
- Prepares Confirmation of Employment letters for employees
- Provides break relief to the Gate 16 Receptionist.
- Prepares expense reports, codes invoices to appropriate accounts
- Monitors and follows up on expiring work visas and event security licenses and inputs security license renewals, internal training courses and other data into HRIS
- Tracks completed performance reviews and enters into HRIS
- Maintains an effective follow-up system for outstanding issues
- Receives and prioritizes reading material, maintains an effective filing system and personnel files and arranges for outgoing couriers
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- 2 years’ administrative experience, with a demonstrated ability for ongoing improvements to processes and overall efficiencies
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with proven ability for attention to detail is essential
- A strong customer-first orientation
- Excellent skills in MS Office products (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Experience with or an understanding of HR database concepts, is preferred
- Previous reception experience, preferably with the Meridian phone system (2250 Console) and/or a three line/200 local system
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi task
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than July 27, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.