For the first time in Sports Celebrities Festival history, an online auction will be available prior to the event itself. A number of unique items and opportunities will be available to bid on online until November 3, 2008 at 5 p.m. PST. *Proceeds from the auction will support the Canucks for Kids Fund and Special Olympics BC. Items can be bid on through the NHL Auction website at canucks.com/auction.
Prizing available to fans are unique Canucks experiences and memorabilia including:
- 14 tickets in Lui’s Crease Club on November 15th to watch the Canucks take on the Toronto Maple Leafs (prize includes two parking passes and $1000 in food and beverage courtesy of Aramark)
- A 4’ X 6’ original painting of Canucks captain, Roberto Luongo, by renowned artist Michael Israel
- An opportunity for a minor hockey player to lead the Canucks onto the ice for the pre-anthem skate
- A team-signed Vancouver Canucks jersey
- Two tickets to watch the Canucks versus the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on November 19th (prize includes one night’s accommodation at The Plaza in Manhattan).
*All proceeds from the auction will benefit the Canucks for Kids Fund and Special Olympics BC. The Canucks for Kids Fund is the Vancouver Canucks charitable arm which dedicates its resources to assist charities who support children’s health and wellness, foster the development of grassroots hockey and facilitate and encourage education in British Columbia. Special Olympics BC provides ongoing sport training for athletes with an intellectual disability in 54 communities throughout the province, increasing athletes’ self-esteem and allowing them to celebrate personal achievement.