QUEBEC CITY - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Hurricanes matchup on Friday night at the Colisée Pepsi.
– Number of seconds that elapsed between goals from Greg Pateryn and Alex Galchenyuk in the first period. 50
– The Canadiens’ shooting percentage against Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward to start the game after Michel Therrien’s squad beat him twice on four shots during the opening minutes of the tilt.98
– Number of additional fights Brandon Prust (104) has participated in over the course of his NHL career than Hurricanes defenseman Matt Corrente (6), his opponent during a first-period tussle on Friday night. 1
– Number of times Michael Bournival has likely been applauded at Quebec City’s Colisée Pepsi. A former enemy of the Quebec Remparts during his days as a member of the Shawinigan Cataractes, Bournival tallied the Canadiens’ fourth goal of the game on Friday night, much to the crowd's enjoyment.11
– Number of saves registered by goaltender Peter Budaj during his stint in goal on Friday night before being replaced by Dustin Tokarski during the second period.14:24
– Time that elapsed during the second period of Friday night's game before a Hurricanes player managed to register a shot on goal against the Habs.100
– Max Pacioretty's career penalty shot conversion percentage. Unfortunately, his tally on Friday night against Ward will not figure into his official NHL statistics since his goal came during the preseason.
– Number of days that elapsed since the Canadiens last registered a preseason victory and the squad’s 6-0 win over the Hurricanes. Prior to Friday night’s win, the Habs last posted a preseason win on October 1, 2011 – a 5-1 victory over the Lightning Quebec City’s Colisée Pepsi.
-canadiens.comSEE ALSOGame highlights