Here’s a numerical look at the preseason tilt between the Canadiens and the Panthers at the Bell Centre on Thursday night.
– Number worn by Guillaume Latendresse’s first victim of the year. With 12:29 left to go in the first, the Habs’ big No. 84 made his presence felt by plastering Panthers defenseman Ville Koistinen into the boards for his first hit of the night. 18:24
– Time it took for the Habs’ reloaded roster of snipers to pot their first goal with their new team. Scott Gomez
found the back of the net to put the Canadiens up 1-0 on a pretty tic-tac-toe play from Jaroslav Spacek and Mike Cammalleri. 10
– Curtis Sanford became the 10th goalie in Canadiens history to sport No. 30 for the Habs when he stepped between the pipes mid-way through the second period. He joins former standouts Lorne Worsley, Rogatien Vachon and David Aebischer among others to don the number. 26
– Number of pucks thrown at Panthers goalie Scott Clemmensen after two periods of play. At the end of 40 minutes, the visitors had only mustered a combined 13 shots against Carey Price
and Curtis Sanford. 4
– Number of Canadiens players who finished the night with a plus-2 differential, including Ryan O’Byrne, Jaroslav Spacek, Mike Cammalleri and Scott Gomez
– Number of saves made by Carey Price
in as many shots over the 30 minutes the Habs’ No. 1 netminder played on Thursday night.
– Number of players who pulled on the bleu-blanc-rouge for the first time on Thursday night, with Mike Cammalleri, Scott Gomez
, Curtis Sanford, Mathieu Darche
and Mikael Johansson all making their Habs debuts against the Panthers. Shauna Denis is a writer for canadiens.com.
Hi, I'm Mike