KANATA - Here's a numerical look at Friday's exhibition game between the Canadiens and the Senators in Ottawa.
– Number of Habs regulars who were not in the lineup at the Canadian Tire Centre, with Brandon Prust, Michael Bournival, Lars Eller, Mike Weaver, Andrei Markov and Carey Price all enjoying a night off on Friday. 8
– Number of seconds needed for Jared Cowan to take the first penalty of the night, heading off for hooking on the first shift of the game.6
– Number of shots fired by Tomas Plekanec in the outing, far outpacing his 2013-14 regular season average of just 2.5 shots per game. 3
– Number of goals scored by Alex Galchenyuk in the preseason to date – including the intrasquad red vs. white game on September 21 – banking his second of the official exhibition schedule in off Sens blue-liner Cody Ceci in the second period. 26:24
– Ice time enjoyed by Tom Gilbert on Friday night, the most of any Habs skater in the lineup against the Senators.8
– Number of seconds needed by P-A Parenteau to make Erik Karlsson pay for his indiscretions in the third period, slipping a power play goal past Robin Lehner to tie it up while the new Sens captain was still getting comfortable in the box.
– Combined number of penalty minutes dished out in the preseason tilt, including 11 to Subban, who dropped the gloves with Mark Borowiecki for a lengthy bout in the third period.5
– Number of games in which the Canadiens have scored three or more goals so far in six preseason outings to date, going 4-1 when they’ve lit the lamp at least three times.
Giving it his all
Canadiens have agreed to terms on a two-way NHL contract with forward Drayson Bowman
The Jean Béliveau Trophy awarded to Carey Price