MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Blues game at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of shots on net by Brendan Gallagher before tonight, who added XXX shots to his total during the game. He leads the team with (7+XXX) goals on the season.7
– Career matches played by Lars Eller in a Blues uniform. The forward was drafted by St. Louis in 2007 before being dealt to Montreal in 2010. He played his 218th match as a Hab on Tuesday night.735
– Number of players having seen game action for the Canadiens. Martin St-Pierre becomes the latest player to join the club by taking to the ice against the Blues at the Bell Centre.2923
– Days since Martin St-Pierre’s NHL debut, on November 4th 2005 for the Chicago Blackhawks. Having spent most of the career in the AHL, the 30 year-old is only skating in his 39th National Hockey League contest.700
– Number of matches played by Andrei Markov in the NHL, all with the Canadiens. The all-star blueliner was selected by Montreal with the 162nd overall pick at the 1998 Entry Draft.64
– Number of tough guys George Parros has fought against during his career. Despite shedding his trademark moustache for the start of Movember, Parros proved that his strength is not derived from his usually-impressive facial hair by dominating Ryan Reaves.32.7
– Total point share, in percentage, for the Habs’ blueline corp. The offensively-inclined brigade is led by Andrei Markov and P.K. Subban, who both assisted on Rene Bourque’s second-period goal.8
– Shots blocked by rugged defenseman Douglas Murray, who also played a team-high 4:12 on the penalty kill.54
– Minutes played before the Canadiens received their first powerplay. The Blues’ Ryan Reaves was called for boarding late in the third period.
Game preview - Blues @ Canadiens
Game Highlights - Blues @ Canadiens
Boxscore - Blues @ Canadiens