WASHINGTON - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Capitals game at the Verizon Centre on Friday night.
– Number of Habs players who have suited up for every single one of the team’s games this season. Defenseman Francis Bouillon missed his first game on Friday night.2
– Number of teenaged players in tonight’s game. Montreal’s Alex Galchenyuk and Washington’s Tom Wilson, at 19 years of age, are the youngest players on their respective teams.9
– Games started by both goaltenders tonight this season before Friday night. Peter Budaj has played four games, while Michal Neuvirth has played five.46
– Games without a goal for Travis Moen. The hard-nosed winger finally snapped the streak by opening the score for the Habs in the middle of the first period.21
– Games without a goal for David Desharnais. The centerman, who does have a shootout winner and two assists in the last two games, tipped the puck past Michal Neuvirth to double the Habs’ lead.14
– Number of career assists for defenseman Alexei Emelin. The Russian rearguard set up Daniel Briere on a first-period powerplay for his first point since returning to action last Saturday against the Rangers. 6
– Career multipoint games for Josh Gorges. The defensive specialist put himself on the scoresheet with assists on Desharnais and Briere’s first period goals.15
– Number of Habs players with at least one goal this season. Travis Moen and David Desharnais broke through in a high-scoring first period to join that group.3
– Shots for the Capitals in the second period. Washington’s high-powered offence was shut down entirely by the Canadiens, who allowed a season-low number of shots on goal during a period all the while peppering the opposing net with 14 attempts.
666 - Number of the beast..but also the number of career points put up by forward Daniel Briere, who reached the nefarious plateau thanks to his goal in the first.5
– Number of teams Peter Budaj has yet to post a win against. The Slovakian goaltender crossed the Capitals off his list with a win in DC.
SEE ALSO: Game Highlights - Canadiens @ CapitalsGame preview: Canadiens @ Capitals A challenge awaits The Pioneers