MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Rangers game at the Bell Centre on Saturday night.
– Days since Alexei Emelin’s last NHL appearance. The Canadiens defenseman suffered a serious knee injury on April 6th and made his long-awaited return to action against the Rangers on Saturday night.5
– Number of NHL starts for Rangers goaltender Cam Talbot. The Caledonia, Ontario native played in his first career game in Canada at the Bell Centre on Saturday night.6:24
– Time of play it took for Alexei Emelin to rack up his first hit of the game. The Russian blueliner went shoulder-to-shoulder with the Rangers’ Chris Kreider.15
– Saves by Carey Price in the first period. The Habs’ netminder notably stopped J.T. Miller and Derek Stepan from in close in order to keep the game deadlocked at 0-0 though 20 minutes of play.145:42
– Minutes played by Carey Price against the Rangers without allowing a goal since February 23, 2013. New York’s Ryan Callahan finally snapped the streak by scoring a powerplay goal at 5:25 in the second period.11:43
– Icetime for Brendan Gallagher, a season-low. The speedy right winger was a game-time decision due to the flu, having missed Friday’s game against Columbus.
69 - Faceoff percentage for Tomas Plekanec. The Habs’ centerman won 11 of 16 draws on the night against the Rangers.
Game Highlights - Rangers @ Canadiens