MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at Tuesday's game between the Habs and the Lightning at the Bell Centre.
– Number of times the Habs and Lightning will meet during the month of March, facing off in a trio of games which will likely determine final playoff positioning for the two teams which entered Tuesday’s contest separated by just a pair of points in the standings.300
– Number of career NHL games played by Habs newcomer Jeff Petry. The 27-year-old defenseman hit the milestone on Tuesday night at the Bell Centre, playing in his fifth-straight game with the Canadiens since being acquired from Edmonton at the NHL trade deadline.20
– Number of hits dished out by Petry since making his Canadiens debut against the Sharks on March 2. The Ann Arbor, MI native continued to get comfortable – and physical – in his new role with the Habs on Tuesday, making his presence felt to the tune of four more hits against the Lightning.60
– Number of years, to the date, since the Zamboni made its NHL debut during a 0-0 tie between the Canadiens and the Maple Leafs at the old Montreal Forum on March 10, 1955.7:46
– Time, in minutes, which had elapsed following the opening puck drop before Carey Price was tested for the first time on Tuesday night. Lightning captain Steven Stamkos had the honor of getting things started for his team offensively, firing a shot on goal near the midway mark of the opening frame.166:58
– Time, in minutes, during which Carey Price had not allowed a goal on the Bell Centre ice. The streak began late in the first period against Columbus on February 21, continued through a shutout opposite Toronto on February 28, and then through three more periods of play on Tuesday, until Tyler Johnson scored the overtime winner.23
– Number of times this season that Carey Price has made 30-plus saves in an evening, filing another 33-save effort against the Lightning on Tuesday.2
– Number of times this season that the Canadiens have headed to overtime with both goalies on the ice still posting shutout bids.
Welcome to the family
Rewarded for his efforts
Two good men
Fighting to the finish