MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens - Sabres matinee matchup on Sunday afternoon at the Bell Centre.
– Number of Canadiens players who made their 2009-10 home debut in Sunday’s game, with Andrei Markov
and Benoit Pouliot both hitting the Bell Centre ice for the first time of the campaign in the contest. 24:34
– Game-high time on ice registered by Markov in the outing, firing two shots on goal and blocking two at the other end in his first home game of the year.
– Number of years since loveable Habs mascot Youppi! first started thrilling fans in Montreal as a member of the Expos family. The two-sport orange phenom feted his bday by sporting a super-sized party hat while taking in the Sabres matinee affair. 4
– Number of times since the beginning of the season in which towering blue-liner Hal Gill has not been the tallest player on the ice during a Habs game, including Sunday’s game against Buffalo and 6-foot-8 defenseman Tyler Myers.
– Number of all-time Sunday afternoon losses suffered by the Canadiens in the regular season since 1917, now sporting a 59-21-12-1 record in that span.
– Number of years since the Canadiens rang in a New Year against the Sabres for the first and only time, with Pat Burns’ troops knocking off the Buffalo squad 6-3 on January 6, 1990.See alsoBoxscoreJaroslav Halak earns Molson Cup player of the month for December 2010 World Junior Hockey Championship The Voice of the Fans - Midseason report