NEW YORK - Here's a numerical look at Game 6 between the Habs and Rangers on Thursday night at the Madison Square Garden.
– Number of hits Brandon Prust has dished out over the course of his NHL career in 41 postseason tilts. The rugged forward made a return to the Canadiens lineup on Thursday night after serving a two-game suspension.267
– Number of games Rangers players in uniform on Thursday night who previously sported the Bleu-Blanc-Rouge
had played with the Canadiens during various stints in Montreal, including Dominic Moore, Benoit Pouliot and Raphael Diaz. In Dale Weise’s absence, Brandon Prust was the lone Hab to have suited up for the Blueshirts with 190 games played in the Big Apple.50
– Number of blocked shots Mike Weaver has racked up during the postseason, including Thursday night’s tilt at Madison Square Garden where the veteran rearguard added another five blocks to now sit tied for the league lead in that particular category.50
– Number of shots defenseman P.K. Subban has registered thus far during the postseason, enabling the 25-year-old rearguard to surpass Eric Desjardins (47 shots in 1992-93) and take sole possession of second place as the Canadiens defenseman to register the most shots in a single playoff run. Hall of Famer Chris Chelios sits atop that list with 53 shots during the Canadiens’ postseason run in 1988-89.3
– Number of shots registered by Max Pacioretty in Game 6 on Thursday night, with the power forward upping his postseason shot total to 55 to continue to lead the team in the category through 17 playoff games in 2014.2
– Number of times the Canadiens started a period on a power play on Thursday night as Marc Staal found himself in the penalty box to close the opening frame before Brad Richards was penalized with 13 seconds remaining in the second period.- canadiens.comSEE ALSO:BoxscoreGame highlightsPlayoff Central