Here is a numerical look at Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals between the Canadiens and Bruins.
- Seconds rookie Sergei Kostitsyn needed to score his first playoff goal in his first NHL postseason game. 122
- Seconds Sergei’s big brother Andrei required to notch his first playoff goal, with the elder Kostitsyn also suiting up for his first NHL playoff contest. 1,454
- Days since the Canadiens posted their last playoff win at the Bell Centre back when they beat the Bruins 5-2 in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals on April 17, 2004. 6
- Habs players who got their first taste of NHL postseason action on Thursday night. 16:54
- Mike Komisarek’s ice-time in his return to action after sitting out the Canadiens’ final seven games of the regular season with a hip injury, well below his regular season average of 21:09. 6
- Number of different teams for whom Bryan Smolinski has now scored at least one postseason goal, including the Bruins, Penguins, Senators, Kings, Canucks and Canadiens. 14
- Edge in shots held by the Canadiens over the Bruins on Thursday night.Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com