MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Canucks game at the Centre Bell on Thursday night.
– Number of former Habs on the Vancouver Canucks roster on Thursday night. Raphael Diaz and Chris Higgins both returned to the city in which they started their NHL careers, while current Canuck Yannick Weber, who also broke in with the Canadiens, did not play due to injury.128
– Games played by Raphael Diaz with the Canadiens. The Swiss rearguard is making his second appearance as a Canuck against his former teammates at the Bell Centre.1583
– Days since the Canadiens were last defeated in regulation time by the Vancouver Canucks. Since October 2009, the Habs are 5-0-1 against Vancouver.16
– Powerplay goals for Max Pacioretty since 2010, a team-high. The left-winger opened the score on the powerplay by tipping a P.K. Subban point shot. Incidentally, Subban is right behind Pacioretty in the ranking with 15 goals on the man advantage since 2010.4
– Career regular season goals for Ryan White. The scrappy centerman picked up his first goal since the 2013 playoffs late in the first period of Thursday’s game.15:12
– Time on ice for newly acquired Dale Weise before he picked up his first point as a Hab. The recent acquisition got onto the scoreboard by assisting on fellow Manitoban and childhood friend Ryan White’s goal. He now has 13 points in 46 games, split between Vancouver and Montreal in 2013-14.1
– Occasions in Canadiens history where the same player obtained more than one penalty shot in a game. Remarkably, Max Pacioretty’s two attempts were granted in the same period, within 120 seconds of each other.
– Number of penalty shots taken by Max Pacioretty against Roberto Luongo this season. Pacioretty stepped up to the line on two occasions in a matter of minutes during the second period, but could not put the puck past the Canucks goalie.
17 – Goals in 2013-14 for Tomas Plekanec. His third-period tally has him on pace to score over 25 goals for only the second time in his ten-year career.
8 – Multipoint games for David Desharnais this season. The shifty playmaker obtained two assists on Thursday night. - canadiens.com
Highlights: Canadiens vs Canucks
Olympic outlook: Max Pacioretty