MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens' 6-1 win over the Sabres on Saturday afternoon.
– Number of days since P.K. Subban last suited up for the Canadiens, dating back to the 2011-12 season finale on April 7, 2012, seeing his first action of the current campaign on Saturday against the Sabres.10:39
– Number of minutes it took for the Sabres to finally solve the Canadiens’ D corps by firing their first shot of the game midway through the first period.4
– Number of players selected in the first round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft who are currently still with their NHL clubs, two of whom were in uniform at the Bell Centre on Saturday: Mikhail Grigorenko and Alex Galchenyuk.3
– Number of goals scored by Brendan Gallagher in his past four games, bringing his season total to five points in six career NHL games.12
– Number of players who have found the back of the net for the Canadiens so far this season, with David Desharnais and Lars Eller adding their names to that list within 28 seconds of each other in the second period.3
– Consecutive number of games in which Sabres netminder Ryan Miller has given up four goals, with the Canadiens prolonging that streak following Saturday’s win.1
– Number of times in 38 career starts against the Canadiens that Miller has been pulled during the game, breaking his previously unblemished record after being replaced by Jhonas Enroth in the third period.5
– Number of games – out of seven so far this season – in which the Canadiens have finished with at least four goals, coming out on the winning end of each of those outings. 16
– Number of times Rene Bourque has finished a game with two or more goals in his career, enjoying the first two-goal game as a Hab against the Sabres. 82
– Percentage of draws won by Alex Galchenyuk in the afternoon, going 9-and-2 in the faceoff circle against the Sabres.7
– Consecutive number of games in which the Habs have scored at least one power play goal, going 11-for-41 with the man advantage this season.
Game highlights: Habs vs. Sabres
Boxscore: Habs vs. Buffalo