MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at Tuesday's game between the Canadiens and Flyers at the Bell Centre.
– Number of games former Hab Ryan White has now played at the Bell Centre while sporting the visiting team’s uniform. Selected 66th overall by the Canadiens in 2006, White returned to Montreal with the Flyers on Tuesday for the first time since signing in Philadelphia over the summer.5
– Number of penalties the Canadiens have given up over the last five games combined. The Habs continued to play a disciplined brand of hockey on Tuesday as Lars Eller was the sole Hab to take a seat in the sin bin following a first-period hooking call which was successfully killed off.33:08
– Number of minutes it took for the Habs to be awarded their first power play of the game, as the Flyers played an equally disciplined road contest, taking just one penalty through 40 minutes of play.0:51
– Number of seconds it took Matt Read to open the scoring in the first period, beating Carey Price with a slapper glove side to score the earliest goal-against at the Bell Centre this season.3
– Number of goals Tomas Plekanec has tallied over his last two games in Montreal after burying the third period equalizer against the Flyers with 7:22 left on the clock.7
– Number of years which had elapsed since the Canadiens previously completed a season sweep of the Flyers, last bringing out the brooms during the fourth and final meeting of the 2007-08 season between the two teams, a 5-3 win on February 17, 2008.
The Montreal Canadiens contribute $250,000 to the Quebec Foundation for Athletic Excellence
Hockey builder Claude Ruel passes away at age 76
Desharnais named NHL’s third star of the week
The Montreal Canadiens Children's Foundation launches its “Get Tied to the Cause” campaign