Here's a numerical look at the Saturday night showdown between the Canadiens and Maple Leafs at the Bell Centre.
– Penalty minutes accumulated by the Habs and Leafs over the course of their four tilts this year, including a combined 68 minutes spent in the box on Saturday night.0
– Number of times Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski enjoyed possession of the puck without being treated to a chorus of boos by the Bell Centre crowd. 2
– Posts hit by the Canadiens in the first 20 minutes of the contest, with defenseman Francis Bouillon ringing one off the iron before Tom Kostopoulos struck metal a few minutes later. 20
– Assists picked up by Andrei Markov
on the power play so far this season to lead all NHL blue-liners in that category.124
– Power play ice time – in seconds – amassed by Habs tough guy Georges Laraque in the contest, with the bruising winger picking up some rare minutes with the man advantage.
– Number of times the Canadiens have given up 40 shots in a game this season, including Saturday's tilt against the Leafs and their November 18 outing against the Hurricanes in Carolina.14
– Game-high number of faceoffs won by Saku Koivu during the contest, despite the captain serving 12 minutes in penalties in the second period.
14 – Number of shots launched at Toronto netminder Vesa Toskala by the Canadiens while the Habs were on the power play on Saturday night.
Shauna Denis is a writer for canadiens.com