SUNRISE - Here's a numerical look at Tuesday's game between the Canadiens and Panthers in Sunrise.
7,023 – Number of days since then-Panthers forward and current Habs assistant general manager Scott Mellanby inspired the “rat trick” in South Florida, killing a rat in the team’s dressing room with his stick before going out and scoring a pair of goals, leading fans to litter plastic rats on the ice to celebrate goals during the playoffs that spring. 2
12 – Number of games played by Carey Price during his career-high games played streak, between October 30 and November 24, 2010, coming within one game of tying that record before Michel Therrien opted to start Dustin Tokarski instead.
– Number of Huberdeaus on the ice during the national anthems on Tuesday, with Jonathan Huberdeau enjoying a front row seat for his sister Josiane’s rendition of Oh Canada prior to puck drop in Sunrise. 10
– Number of Habs players who had suited up for every one of the team’s games in 2014-15 prior to Tuesday night, when Manny Malhotra was left out of the lineup as a healthy scratch in place of Michael Bournival against the Panthers. 14
– Number of times the Canadiens have gotten on the board first in 2014-15, having now gone a perfect 14-for-14 in those instances following Brendan Gallagher’s opening marker on Tuesday night. 6
– Number of times Gallagher has been the one to open the scoring for the Canadiens this season. 11
– Number of goals scored by Gallagher this year, moving into sole possession of second place on the Habs in that category behind Max Pacioretty’s 14.1,015
– Number of shots fired by the Canadiens so far this season, becoming the 26th
team in the league to land 1,000 shots on goal during the current campaign.
Carey being Carey
The Numbers Game - December 29, 2014
Sergei and the Kid