SUNRISE - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Panthers game at the BB&T Center on Sunday night. 2
– Number of players in Sunday’s tilt that have sported both a Canadiens and a Panthers jersey over the course of their careers, including George Parros and Scott Gomez. Unfortunately, both players took in the game from the press box.
– Number of current Panthers players who’ve played at least 500 career NHL games with Tomas Kopecky becoming the latest player to reach that mark by suiting up for Sunday’s tilt at the BB&T Center. The Habs boast eight players with similar levels of NHL experience.1
– Number of NHL teams against which Brandon Prust has scored more goals than against the Panthers over the course of his career. Prust scored his fourth career goal against Florida on Sunday, one less than his total goal count against the Carolina Hurricanes.4
– Rank that Raphael Diaz currently holds among Swiss defensemen in the NHL for career points. Diaz picked up his 41st
career point on Sunday by collecting an assist on Prust’s tally in the second period moving him to within four points of countryman Roman Josi.
– Percentage of the total points amassed by Canadiens players thus far this season that are a by-product of work done by defensemen. Raphael Diaz and Francis Bouillon both made their mark on the scoresheet on Sunday by recording assists on Prust’s goal.
– The Canadiens’ winning percentage against the Florida Panthers during the holiday season. The Habs have played 10 games in South Florida in late December, and come out on top six times.
SEE ALSO:Boxscore Game Highlights: Canadiens @ PanthersThe right stuff