OTTAWA -- Here's a numerical look at the matchup between the Habs and the Sens at Scotiabank Place on Thursday night.
– Number of times Alex Auld has been between the pipes against one of his former teams, owning a 6-4-3 record in those situations heading into Thursday's tilt. 100
– Number of NHL games played by Tom Pyatt in his two years in the league, all with the Canadiens. 2
– Number of stoppages in play occurring in the first 10 minutes of the game, followed by eight whistles throughout the second half of the first period. 6
– Number of Sens in the lineup who didn’t start the season in the NHL, including Stephane Da Costa who spent the year in the NCAA with Merrimack College; the Habs have just three players who started the year in Hamilton, including Ryan White
, Yannick Weber
and David Desharnais
– Number of assists racked up by James Wisniewski in 2010-11, becoming just the 10th
blue-liner in the league to hit that benchmark with a helper on Brian Gionta
’s second period goal.
– Number of times in the past five seasons in which the Canadiens have had a 50-point defenseman on the roster, with James Wisniewski helping keep the streak alive on Thursday night; the Habs went from 1994-95 to 2005-06 without seeing a blue-liner hit the 50-point plateau.
– Number of goals scored by the Habs in the second period this season, 21 more than they’ve notched in the first period and 30 more than in the third. 5
– Number of different goalies who have spent time between the pipes for the Sens against the Habs this season, with Craig Anderson following in the footsteps of Brian Elliot, Pascal Leclaire, Robin Lehner and Mike Brodeur.
Postgame comments: Martin | Cammalleri | Gionta | Auld | Spacek
Back in the mix Put your game face on!