MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Rangers game on Saturday night at the Bell Centre.
– Number of times the Canadiens have gone up against the New York Rangers in their last game of the regular season, including Saturday night’s tilt at the Bell Centre. The Habs held a 2-0-1-0 record against New York under similar circumstances entering the game when it was contested on Montreal ice.9, 994
– Number of career stops Carey Price registered in the regular season entering Saturday night’s game against the Rangers. The three-time All-Star surpassed the 10,000 career saves mark with a stellar stop on Derick Brassard in the first period.5:47
– Ice time logged by Mike Blunden during Saturday night’s tilt against the Rangers after being called up on Friday from the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs. It was Blunden’s first game with the big club since Nov. 1, 2013.2
– Number of times Francis Bouillon and Rangers right-winger Derek Dorsett have dropped the gloves and gone toe-to-toe over the course of their respective NHL careers, including a solid tussle on Saturday night in the first period. Dorsett joins Steve Ott and Darcy Tucker as the opponents Bouillon has fought most often over the years.4
– Number of defensemen in Canadiens history who’ve surpassed the 200 shot total in a single season, including Guy Lapointe (8 times), Sheldon Souray (2 times), Chris Chelios (1 times) and P.K. Subban (2 times), with No. 76 finishing the 2013-14 campaign with a tally of 203+X shots.
57 – Faceoff percentage racked up by David Desharnais on Saturday night against the Rangers, enabling the Canadiens centerman to finish the 2013-14 season with more than 50 percent efficiency in that particular category.
180 – Number of shots blocked by Andrei Markov during the 2013-14 campaign. The Canadiens defenseman currently sits fourth in the league in that category with three more blocked shots than teammate Josh Gorges, who finished the year with 177 blocks.
18 – Number of times over the course of his NHL career that Carey Price has turned aside at least 40 shots in a game, with the 26-year-old netminder adding to that tally on Saturday night against the Rangers with a 41-save effort.
- canadiens.comSEE ALSO:BoxscoreGame highlightsCanadiens sign goaltender Dustin Tokarski to a two-year contract extension