MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Islanders game on Thursday night at the Bell Centre.
– Years since the Habs last swept the season series against the New York Islanders. In 2007-08, the Canadiens went 4-0 in the regular season against the Islanders, outscoring the New Yorkers 14-3.2871
– Combined NHL regular season games played by the Canadiens’ starting lineup against the Islanders. Meanwhile, the starting six for the visiting team (Travis Hamonic, Josh Bailey, Thomas Hickey, Anders Lee, Frans Nielsen and Evgeni Nabokov) only has 1926 games under its belt.2623
– Days since the Habs’ last regulation loss against the Islanders at the Bell Centre. The team has an 8-0-5 record at home against New York since February 3 2007.44
- Points amassed by Thomas Vanek during his 47-game stint on Long Island. The Austrian forward has impressed since being acquired from New York, having put up 15 points in 17 games.6
– Number of times this season when Daniel Briere has put four or more shots on net in a game. The forward, who is looking for his 300th career regular season goal, had four shots in the first period alone, including an in-close chance denied by Evgeni Nabokov.66
– George Parros has faced 66 different pugilists during his NHL career. The latest name on his hit list is that of rookie Brett Gallant of the Islanders. Gallant is playing his second NHL game and also had a fight in his first big-league appearance.132:41
– The Habs went over two complete games without being on the powerplay. The streak was started against the Red Wings on April 5 and finally ended in the second period of tonight’s tilt.
- canadiens.comSEE ALSO:BoxscoreGame highlights