- The Canadiens held a full morning skate Monday morning prior to departing for Philadelphia later in the afternoon ahead of Tuesday night’s matchup against the Flyers at Wells Fargo Center.
- Goaltender Ben Scrivens will get the nod between the pipes for Tuesday's game against the Flyers. It will be the second start this season for the Canadiens’ newly acquired 29-year-old. In his career, Scrivens has faced the Flyers on three ocassions, recording two wins while posting a goals against average of 2.65 and save percentage of .921.
"I'm very excited to play tomorrow in Philly" said the newly bilingual Ben Scrivens in French. As the Habs’ newly acquired netminder is both eager and proud to learn more.
- Michel Therrien’s troops worked extensively on the power play on one rink at the Bell Sports Complex before the full team practice kicked off on another. Coach Jean-Jacques Daigneault led the power play drills, while the other assistant coaches worked on puck handling and rebound drills with the remaining group.
- In the absence of Dale Weise, forwards Sven Andrighetto (called up on January 2nd) and Devante Smith-Pelly rotated on a line with David Desharnais and Tomas Fleischmann for the second straight practice in Brossard. Coach has yet to confirm who will suit up against the Flyers on Tuesday night.
- Coach Therrien also gave an update on Carey Price's condition following practice, informing the media that Price's rehab is going well, but he is not ready to hit the ice just yet. Price has absent from since November 25 when he suffered a lower-body injury.Lines at practice
Pacioretty – Plekanec – Gallagher
Fleischmann – Desharnais – Smith-Pelly/Andrighetto
Carr – Galchenyuk – Eller
Byron – Mitchell - Flynn
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu – Subban
Emelin - BarberioPateryn - Tinordi