- After a day off on Sunday following a four-game road swing, the Canadiens were back at practice on Monday afternoon at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. The Habs will be back in action on Tuesday night when they take on the Vancouver Canucks at the Bell Centre.
- Forward Lars Eller and defenseman Mike Weaver did not take part in Monday’s practice. Both are sidelined due to injury. Defenseman Bryan Allen didn’t skate on Monday either. He is out with the flu.
- Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Weaver suffered a concussion in Saturday night’s loss in Dallas, and that the veteran rearguard will not suit up against the Canucks on Tuesday night. He also confirmed that Eller underwent tests for his injury on Monday.
- The Canadiens bench boss made some moves up front on Monday, featuring Alex Galchenyuk at center on a line with Max Pacioretty and Brendan Gallagher, while David Desharnais centered a line with Michael Bournival and Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau. For his part, young gun Sven Andrighetto, who scored his first NHL goal on Saturday night in Dallas, skated with Tomas Plekanec and Jiri Sekac.
- Mr. Jean Beliveau lay in wake for a second straight day at the Bell Centre on Monday. Those wishing to pay their respects to the Hall-of-Famer and his family can do so until 6 p.m. EST. Mr. Beliveau’s funeral will be held on Wednesday at 2 p.m.
Forward lines at practice: