The Event Producer is responsible for overseeing all production elements of live team-related events for the Montreal Canadiens at the Bell Centre, primarily consisting of Canadiens home games. These include yet are not limited to overseeing timing and execution of game scripts and promotional initiatives, maintaining game standards as per NHL rules and regulations, and managing gameday technical staff as well as the P.A. announcer, in-stadium hosts, mascot, audio and studio operators, DJ, and production coordinators.
The Event Producer also plays a key role in the integration and oversight of all sponsorship materials and messaging at live events, as well as the delivery of promotional content for the Marketing, Community, and evenko (show) groups.
• Maintain all game standards to NHL league rules and regulations
• Schedule staff for all home games, non-gameday events and off-site events
• Prepare cue sheet (script) for all home games; review P.A. script with announcer
• Prepare and distribute timing sheet for all home games to appropriate parties (NHL, broadcasters, referees, teams); review special timing notes or ceremonies with broadcasters before the game
• Coordinate various in-event promotions with the marketing department
• Receive, review, and validate technically commercial inventory with the sponsorship group (Effix); enforce delivery deadlines and alert sponsorship group to any potential issues
• Plan pregame special events (ceremonies, moments of silence, trophy presentations, puck drops, etc.) with the appropriate groups within the organization (carpet placement with Operations, script revision with Marketing, etc.)
• Hold production meeting with gameday staff ahead of each game to review roles and responsibilities; highlight any notable changes or additions to flow of game and ensure required material is in place and approved
• Guide DJ and organist on music cues and any feedback/special requests from within organization; cue mascot and in-game hostess for various interventions as needed
• Oversee and maintain timing from opening of doors to start of event
• Supervise and deliver all elements on the cue sheet while respecting the in-event placement and allotted time for each element
• Interact with broadcasters and Communications group during event as required
• Manage all in-arena A/V and live deliverables throughout the event; this includes directing all technical staff on elements to feature (music, videos, crowd activation cues, promotions and commercial inventory) and at what times, and adjust on-the-fly to ensure commitments are met in the event game timing throws off sequencing within script
• Deliver post-event report to departmental supervisor, noting any issues or concerns
• Assist in developing certain game presentation elements
• A comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of hockey rules and play
• 3-5 years of event production experience with experience in a lead role directing technical staff and overseeing a studio or control room
• Strong proficiency in video production
• Strong technical knowledge of a High-Definition control room and related equipment, including but not limited to Daktronics, EVS replay, Sony Cameras
• Computer skills to include Avid Systems, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop & Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to work under pressure
• A detail-oriented, excellent multitasker who is able to meet deadlines
• Exceptional organization, writing, and communication skills
• Fluently bilingual (English/French), written and spoken
• Able to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings, weekends, and all Canadiens home games/events
All qualified candidates who possess the skills, experience, and attributes listed above are encouraged to send their resume to email@example.com before February 7, 2014.
The Canadiens thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.