- The Canadiens held an optional skate Tuesday morning at the Bell Sports Complex ahead of a home game against the Phoenix Coyotes in the evening.
- Rene Bourque skated alongside his teammates for the first time since suffering an upper-body injury on December 2nd. He practiced alongside Travis Moen and Brandon Prust.
“I’m playing tonight,” confirmed a smiling Bourque right after practice. “I’ll make sure to keep things simple and play solid in our zone.”
“We will start him on the fourth line and gauge his progress. Physically, he is ready to go, it’s just a matter of him getting used to the pace of the game, considering the fact that we haven’t had too much practice time recently due to our busy schedule,” added coach Michel Therrien.
Even if he only rejoined his teammates today after the injury layoff, Bourque has been keeping himself in shape for the past week with a daily dose of skating drills and gym exercises.
“I’ve been working with the staff here for about ten days, while the team was on the road. Physically, everything is ready to go,” confirmed Bourque
- George Parros was the only Montreal skater to be absent. He suffered a concussion on Saturday against the Islanders. After practice, Michel Therrien updated the media on Parros’ condition.
“He is working out on the stationary bike and feeling no concussion-related symptoms.
He is feeling really good,” stated Therrien. “Obviously there is a protocol to respect, and it’s not up to me to decide when he can come back. It’ll depend on the medical staff. There are concussions of different severities, but I’m not a doctor. The health of our players is our number one concern, and we are not about to rush him in any way.”
- Francis Bouillon and Ryan White both stayed after practice to work with coach Gerard Gallant, suggesting that they will sit out tonight.
- Carey Price will make his 28th start against Phoenix. He is 5-0-0 lifetime with a 1.78 goals against average and a 0.940 saves percentage against the Coyotes.
LINES AT PRACTICE
Gorges - Emelin
Bourque back on the ice
Game preview: Canadiens vs. Coyotes
Taking time out