|Brad Boyes will sign jerseys on Wednesday, Nov. 19 from 1-2 p.m. at BlueNote Authentics at Scottrade Center. |
ST. LOUIS – The wait is over – the St. Louis Blues’ new third jersey is finally available for purchase beginning at 10 a.m. Wednesday at BlueNote Authentics located at Scottrade Center, as well as online at stlouisblues.com.
To celebrate the occasion, fans can meet Blues players at BlueNote Authentics on Wednesday and Thursday, Nov. 19 and 20, from 1 to 2 p.m. Players will be on hand to autograph the new jerseys, have their photos taken and generally assist Blues fans as they shop for their third jerseys and other items in advance of the holiday season.Wednesday, Nov. 19, 1 to 2 p.m.
Eric Brewer, Brad Boyes and Lee StempniakThursday, Nov. 20, 1 to2 p.m.
, Patrik Berglund
and David Perron
The jersey will be available for purchase only at BlueNote Authentics and online, and fans who have pre-ordered jerseys can pick them up this week at BlueNote Authentics during regular business hours beginning Wednesday at 10 a.m.
The Blues will hit the ice in their new look on Friday, Nov. 21, when they host the Anaheim Duck at Scottrade Center at 7:30 p.m. Fans are encouraged to be on hand in time for a brief pre-game ceremony featuring Blues alums in various Blues uniforms from the club’s 40-plus years in the National Hockey League.
The new third jersey and matching socks were designed by Fleishman-Hillard's sports and creative services teams in collaboration with the Blues. Fleishman-Hillard, with its global headquarters in St. Louis, also designed the home and away uniforms the Blues wore from 1998-1999 through the 2006-2007 season, as well as the current home and away set of RBK Edge uniforms the Blues introduced last season.
In contrast to previous Blues uniforms which were (and are) primarily accented in royal blue and gold, the new third jersey and matching socks lean toward navy blue and white. Features of the third jersey include:
- A powerful base color of navy blue trimmed in white and gold.
- A new logo on the crest of the jersey featuring the time-honored Blue Note against the Gateway Arch, the iconic symbol for the City of St. Louis, captured within a gold circle highlighted by the words St. Louis Blues.
- The Blue Note, in navy, trimmed in gold and white on each of the shoulders.
- Uniform numbers on the back and sleeves in white – a first for the Blues – trimmed in gold and navy.
- A classic, old-school draw string -- another first for the team – at the base of the white-trimmed collar.
- Navy socks trimmed in white and gold will complement the on-ice look, resulting in a navy blue combination from head to toe – helmets, jersey, gloves, pants and socks.
Various items featuring the new logo on the third jersey are also on sale.