THIS WEEK'S GAME SCHEDULE
Columbus Blue Jackets (27-35-7, 61 pts./4th-T Place – Central Division)
Date Opponent/Arena - Time (ET) (Television/Radio Information)
Wed., Mar. 14 at Anaheim Ducks/Honda Center - 10 p.m. (No TV/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
Fri., Mar. 16 at San Jose Sharks/HP Pavilion at San Jose - 10:30 p.m. (FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
Sat., Mar. 17 at Los Angeles Kings/STAPLES Center - 10:30 p.m. (FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
Team (Record/Standing) Player to Watch
Anaheim Ducks (42-17-11, 95 pts./1st, Pacific Div.) LW Alexander Frolov (10-time All-Star is 3rd in NHL with 41 goals)
San Jose Sharks (41-25-3, 85 pts./2nd-T, Pacific Div.) C Joe Thornton (Ranks 2nd in NHL in assists, has 16-70-86 in 69 GP)
Los Angeles Kings (22-34-13, 57 pts./5th, Pacific Div.) LW Alexander Frolov (T-11th in NHL in goals, has 33-31-64 in 69 GP)
Tue., Mar. 13 Honda Center/Anaheim, Calif. - 2:30 p.m. PT
Wed., Mar. 14 Honda Center/Anaheim, Calif. - 11:30 a.m. PT
Thu., Mar. 15 Logitech Ice/San Jose, Calif. - 11 a.m. PT
Fri., Mar. 16 HP Pavilion at San Jose - 11:30 a.m. PT
Sat., Mar. 17 STAPLES Center/Los Angeles* - 11:30 a.m. PT
Sun., Mar. 18 DAY OFF
Mon., Mar. 19 Nationwide Arena - 12 p.m. ET
Practices in the Dispatch Ice Haus are open to the public.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Game (Result) Storylines
Mar. 7 vs. Los Angeles (OTW, 3-2) Vyborny ties game with goal in third, scores game-winner in OT; Platt scores first career NHL goal
Mar. 9 vs. Dallas (L, 3-0) Turco stops all 30 Columbus shots; Zubov has 1-1-2 and Boucher adds 0-2-2 to lead Stars
Mar. 10 at Nashville (L, 2-1) Brule scores seventh goal of season; Vokoun has 28 saves, Legwand tallies 1-1-2 to pace Nashville
RECENT TRANSACTIONS: Mar. 9 – Recalled LW Alexandre Picard from Syracuse (AHL).
OhioHealth INJURY REPORT: D Bryan Berard (back) is out indefinitely… D Adam Foote (ankle, Mar. 2 at Dallas) is out indefinitely… D Duvie Westcott (concussion, Jan. 6 at San Jose) is out indefinitely… G Pascal Leclaire (knee) will miss the rest of the season… C Dan Fritsche (wrist laceration, Feb. 25 vs. Nashville) is day-to-day… Man Games Lost to Injury - 210.
- The Blue Jackets are 12th in the NHL in shots allowed, as opposing club's average 29.1 shots per game against Columbus.
- Columbus ranks 14th in the NHL in face-off winning percentage with a 50 percent success rate.
- Three players have played in all 69 games for the Blue Jackets this season: RW David Vyborny, C Manny Malhotra and LW Jason Chimera.
- Columbus has tied a franchise best for road wins in a season with their 12th Mar. 3 at Phoenix. The club has seven road games remaining on the schedule. The Jackets are 3-2-0 in their past five road games.
- Columbus has played 19 of its 21 sets of back-to-back games this season and has a combined record of 17-18-3 in those games. The club is 10-8-1 in the first game (won four-of-five) and 7-10-1 in the second (3-2-1 in the last six). The Jackets' 20th set of back-to-backs is this Friday at San Jose and Saturday at Los Angeles.
- LW Fredrik Modin is one goal shy of 200 in his NHL career (199-195-394 in 725 games).
- LW Rick Nash set a single season record in assists with his 24th Mar. 7 vs. Los Angeles. He has recorded 7-5-12 in his past 15 games, with four goals in his past six.
- LW Jason Chimera is one point shy and four goals shy of tying his career highs in those categories. He has registered 13-16-29 in 69 games this season. He had 17 goals and 30 points last season with the Blue Jackets. He has set a single season record in assists.
- C Geoff Platt scored his first career NHL goal Mar. 7 vs. Los Angeles.
- RW David Vyborny tallied his third two-goal game of the season with 1-2-3 Mar. 7 vs. Los Angeles. In the past 43 games, Vyborny has collected 12-28-40 and is +10 after he tallied 4-14-18 and was minus-5 in his first 26 games of the season.
- D Aaron Johnson set single season highs in assists and points with an assist Mar. 7 vs. Los Angeles to bring his totals to 2-7-9.
- D Anders Eriksson tabbed his 150th career point with an assist Mar. 7 vs. Los Angeles.
- With 8-22-30 in 67 games, D Ron Hainsey is three points shy of passing Bryan Berard (12-20-32 in 44 games, 2005-06) for the second-most points in a season by a Blue Jackets defenseman. Jaroslav Spacek holds the record with 9-36-45 in 81 games during the 2002-03 season.
UPCOMING PROMOTIONS/IN THE COMMUNITY
Tuesday, Mar. 20 vs. Chicago – JACKETS NIGHT OUT: The Jackets Night Out package includes two tickets, two Donatos pizzas and two beers for just $50.
Sunday, Mar. 25 vs. St. Louis – DISPATCH/MIX 97.1 FAMILY NIGHT: The Dispatch/Mix 97.1 Family Night package includes four tickets, four Sugardale hot dogs, four Pepsis, four popcorns, four UDF Ice Cream cone coupons, and four skate passes to the Dispatch Ice Haus for just $88… ULTIMATE HOCKEY PACKAGE: The Ultimate Hockey Pack includes a ticket to the Ohio Junior Blue Jackets vs. Cedar Rapids RoughRiders game at 12:30 p.m. and a ticket to the Columbus Blue Jackets vs. St. Louis Blues game at 6 p.m. as well as a Blue Jackets hat all for just $30.
For information on all promotions, log on to www.BlueJackets.com or call (614) 246-PUCK.
BLUE JACKETS ON THE RADIO
The Doug MacLean Show airs on WBNS Sports Radio 1460 The Fan on Wednesdays from 3-4 p.m. with the Blue Jackets President and General Manager, FSN Ohio's Jeff Rimer and 1460 The Fan's Bruce Hooley.
Between the Pipes with the Blue Jackets can be heard on the Blue Jackets Radio Network and flagship station Sports Radio 1460 the Fan on Sundays from 10-11 a.m. with hosts Mark Wyant and members of the Blue Jackets broadcast team.
Individual game and group tickets for Blue Jackets games at Nationwide Arena are on sale now at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, the Chiller Easton, the Chiller Dublin and Chiller North, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (614) 431-3600 or via the internet at www.BlueJackets.com and www.ticketmaster.com.
For information on season tickets or group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS.
Huntington Green Seats: A minimum of 250 tickets are available for just $10 at the Nationwide Arena Box Office two hours prior to every home game.