Get to know Zach Boychuk ...
- Helped lead his team to a WHL Eastern Conference championship in 2008, leading all WHL players in playoff scoring with 11 goals (11-8-19).
- Ranked second on his team with 72 points on the season and finished 15th overall in WHL scoring with 33 goals in 2007-08.
- Helped Team Canada with the gold medal at the 2008 World Junior Championships. Also represented Canada in the eight-game Canada-Russia Super Series in 2007 and the U-18 World Championships in 2007.
- Had two goals in the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game.
- He patterns his game after Philadelphia's Daniel Briere because of their similar skill set and his nickname is "Chucker."
- Played on his first hockey team in 1996 for the Fort Macleod Panthers. He also played minor hockey for Strathmore and Airdrie.
- He likes to create good habits by repeating the same routine on game days and his game-day superstition includes taping his stick between every period to start fresh.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning gold at the World Junior Championships in 2008 - "because it was a great accomplishment and the highest level of success so far in my career."
NHL Team: Calgary Flames
NHL Player:Sidney Crosby
Shootout Move: "Deke to backhand"
Goal Celebration: "Hands in the air, pointing to the crowd"
Video Game: Mario Cart
Movie: Billy Madison
Actor: Adam Sandler
Book: Wayne Gretzky's Biography
Pump-up Song: Three Days Grace - "Riot"
Food to Cook: Bacon and Eggs
Activity Away from the Rink: Golf and University Classes
Place to Visit: Mexico
Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
2005-06 Lethbridge WHL 64 18 33 51 30
2006-07 Lethbridge WHL 69 31 60 91 52
2007-08 Lethbridge WHL 61 33 39 72 80