Get to know Luke Schenn ...
- In the first round of the 2008 WHL playoffs he registered four points (2-2-4) before the Rockets were eliminated in a seven-game series with Seattle.
- Was named to the Western Conference Second All-Star Team in 2008 after finishing second on his team in scoring among defensemen.
- Helped Team Canada win gold at the 2008 World Junior Championships and also represented Canada in the eight-game sweep of Russia in the Canada-Russia Super Series in 2007.
- Was a member of the gold-medal winning Team Canada at the Under-18 World Championship in 2006.
- He is billeted by the same family that Nashville Predators defender Shea Weber stayed with during his three seasons with the Rockets - Schenn was called up for the final few games of the 2004-05 season and spent time with Weber on and off the ice and names Weber as one of his mentors.
- He started playing hockey on his backyard rink at the age of four and grew up playing in the Saskatoon Minor Hockey Association as well as for the Saskatoon Contacts.
- He patterns his game after Colorado defenseman Adam Foote "because he plays physical and well defensively."
NHL Team: Calgary Flames
NHL Player: Dion Phaneuf
Shootout Move: "Sam Gagner's shootout move"
Goal Celebration: "Jumping into the bench"
Video Game: NHL 2008
Movie: Night at the Roxbury
Actor: Will Ferrell
Book: Hockey News Magazine
Pump-up Song: Rihanna - "Don't Stop the Music"
Food to Cook: Steak
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity Away from the Rink: Xbox
Place to Visit: Hawaii
Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
2005-06 Kelowna OHL 30 3 8 11 86
2006-07 Kelowna OHL 72 2 27 29 139
2007-08 Kelowna OHL 57 7 21 28 100