BLUE JACKETS 5 | BLACKHAWKS 2
Cam Atkinson Post Game
Kevin Connauton Post Game
Todd Richards Post Game
Atkinson Hat Trick
Ryan Johansen Goal
Cam Atkinson Goal
Kevin Connauton Goal
Atkinson's Second Goal
UPDATE (1:25 PM): Rene Bourque skated on his own today and has been ruled out for tonight's game. His availability for tomorrow night's game in St. Louis is uncertain.
UPDATE (12:50 PM): The Blue Jackets experimented with a variety of power play combinations this morning, including a unit of Foligno, Johansen and Morin as the forwards with Johnson and Savard on the point.
Mark Letestu, Fedor Tyutin and Kevin Connauton also saw time on the point during today's reps.
UPDATE (12:40 PM): Corey Crawford starts for the Blackhawks tonight. He was in goal for Chicago's 3-2 shootout loss at Nationwide Arena (a nine-round shootout, no less) back in December.
UPDATE (12:30 PM): Here are the lines and pairings from this morning's skate in Chicago...
Hello from the Windy City!
The Blue Jackets are rolling on the road with six straight wins away from Nationwide Arena, and they'll look to extend that streak at United Center against the Chicago Blackhawks. The Jackets have won four straight overall, and will look to carry that mojo into a building where they haven't had much success lately, winless in Chicago since Feb. 18, 2011 (0-5-1).
The Blackhawks have won seven of their last 10 games but have had a challenging week with two losses in their last three contests, including losses in Dallas and Philadelphia. The Blackhawks return home for only the second time since Mar. 6, and they're likely thrilled to be back. The Blackhawks have won four straight on home ice and are 22-9-5 at United Center.
Here are some pre-game nuggets before some Friday night hockey:
- The Blackhawks will still be without one of the best offensive players in the game, as Patrick Kane remains sidelined with a broken clavicle. Kane has been out of the lineup for 12 games, but his 27 goals and 64 points both still lead the team.
- Brandon Dubinsky returned to practice yesterday, but Artem Anisimov had the day off for maintenance. Todd Richards expects both players in the lineup tonight. Dubinsky has missed the past four games.
- The Blue Jackets will be without Jared Boll, who is serving the first game of a three-game suspension for a hit to the head of Anaheim's Patrick Maroon on Tuesday.
- Sergei Bobrovsky is expected between the pipes for the Blue Jackets tonight. Bobrovsky in 2-2-1 in his career against Chicago.
- Friday night's contest will be Jeremy Morin's first game in Chicago since being traded by the Blackhawks to the Jackets on December Dec. 14.