EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Should be a fun night at Nationwide Arena tonight with the Montreal Canadiens in town. For whatever reason, it feels like every game between the Blue Jackets and Canadiens is filled with ebbs, flows and drama - and especially so in the latter stages of the game. Not going to lie, the memory of that game at the Bell Centre a few weeks back is still fresh.
While the Blue Jackets are looking for a win on home ice before they depart tomorrow on a five-game, nine-day road trip through the beautiful country of Canada, we've spent the last several days collecting the best links from this passionate community of hockey fans.
Just like last week, we've had a lot to talk about and you can probably take a guess at some of the more prominent topics.
Since it's a game day, I'll keep my blabbering short. Here are this week's links:
- The man, the myth, the legend...as only he can, CBJ Prospects gives you the complete rundown on Blue Jackets prospects playing around the world in this weekly report.
- Is Blue Jackets center Ryan Johansen making "the leap" that we've all been waiting for? SB Nation's Dan P. takes a closer look at the emerging young talent of No. 19.
- The FOXSportsOhio.com team (Dan Kamal, Alison Lukan, Rick Gethin and Tom Fellrath) got together for their latest "Rinkside Chat" to talk all things Jackets hockey. Here's the complete transcript.
- Blue Jackets PR guru Rick Bowness will appreciate this one: Mike Majeski of Union & Blue tackles the Blue Jackets' record following the first measurable snowfall of the year. The results of this study may, in fact, surprise you...
- Alison from FOXSportsOhio.com tells the story of how the Blue Jackets joined up with the brand-new FS Ohio Fan Express bus to transport military families to the Jackets' Military Appreciation Night game against the New York Islanders. This is a story you'll want to read.