LAST WEEK’S RESULTS
Oct. 22: at COLUMBUS 4, New Jersey 1
(Wisniewski – 1G, 2A, +2; Dubinsky – 1G, 1A, 4 shots; Atkinson – GWG, +2; Bobrovsky – 24 saves)
Oct. 25: at COLUMBUS 5, Toronto 2
(Dubinsky – G, A, 13‐of‐17 face‐offs; Foligno – G, A; Tyutin – 2A, +2; Murray – 1st NHL goal; Bobrovsky – 23 saves)
Oct. 27: Anaheim 4 at COLUMBUS 3
(Anisimov – 2G, 5 shots, 9 FOW, +2; Comeau – G, 5 hits; Prout – 7 blocked shots; Bobrovsky – 28 saves)
THIS WEEK’S GAME/BROADCAST SCHEDULE (Times ET)
Friday, Nov. 1 at Pittsburgh Penguins, CONSOL Energy Center, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan Saturday, Nov. 2 vs. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, OCT. 29‐NOV. 4
Tuesday, Oct. 29: No Practice Scheduled
Wednesday, Oct. 30: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Oct. 31: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Nov. 1: 11:30 a.m. ET – CONSOL Energy Center, Pittsburgh
Saturday, Nov. 2: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Sunday, Nov. 3: No Practice Scheduled
Monday, Nov. 4: 10:30 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 5‐6‐0 (10 pts.) – 4th/Metropolitan Division... Home: 3‐3‐0 (6 pts.)... Road: 2‐3‐0 (4 pts.)
Leading Scorers: RW Marian Gaborik (5‐5‐10 in 10 GP)... D James Wisniewski (1‐8‐9 in 11 GP... C Brandon Dubinsky (3‐5‐8 in 11 GP... C Artem Anisimov (4‐3‐7 in 11 GP)... C Ryan Johansen (3‐4‐7 in 11 GP)
Goaltender Stats: Sergei Bobrovsky (4‐6‐0, 2.60 GAA, .916 SV% in 10 GP)... Curtis McElhinney (1‐0‐0, 1.00, .974 in 1 GP)
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS AT A GLANCE
Record: 7‐4‐0 (14 pts.) – 1st/Metropolitan Division... Home: 5‐2‐0 (10 pts.)... Road: 2‐2‐0 (4 pts.)
Head Coach: Dan Bylsma... Players to Watch: F Sidney Crosby, F Evgeni Malkin, F Chris Kunitz, G Marc‐Andre Fleury All‐Time: CBJ, 5‐6‐3 (3‐1‐3 at home)... The road team has won three of the past four meetings in the series... Neither team has posted a shutout in the series... This Season: First two of four meetings... Next game: Dec. 9 at Pittsburgh.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- LW Matt Calvert (Injured Reserve – abdominal surgery, expected to miss six weeks)
- RW Nathan Horton (shoulder surgery, out indefinitely)
- C Cody Bass (hand injury, out indefinitely)
- C/RW Boone Jenner (lower body injury, day‐to‐ day)
- Man Games Lost to Injury: 37
- Dating back to last season the Blue Jackets are 24‐11‐5 in their last 40 games played.
- Columbus is tied for fourth place in the NHL with 14 third period goals in 2013‐14.
- The Blue Jackets are tied for ninth in the NHL in total team hits (283) and are tied for third with only 61 giveaways on the season.
- Columbus ranks second in the Eastern Conference with a team face‐off winning pct. of 53.9.
- The Blue Jackets are 29‐0‐0 when leading a game after two periods under head coach Todd Richards.
- D James Wisniewski has tallied 1‐7‐8 at Nationwide Arena this season, recording at least one point in all six of Columbus’ home games. He currently leads all NHL blueliners in home ice scoring and is tied for third among defensemen with nine points (1‐8‐9) overall.
- C Brandon Dubinsky currently ranks 18th in the NHL in FO% (55.6) while C Ryan Johansen is 19th (55.4).
- D David Savard continues to lead the Jackets in plus/minus with a rating of +5. He has been on the ice for six 5‐on‐5 goals for this season and only one against, giving him the second‐best on‐ice GF/GA ratio among all NHL defensemen (85.7%; D. Seidenberg, BOS – 86.7%) in that situation.
- C Artem Anisimov has recorded 3‐3‐6 and a +5 rating in his last six games played. He is now tied for fourth place in the NHL in scoring by a Russian‐born player this season with seven points (4‐3‐7), trailing only Alex Ovechkin (10‐5‐15), Pavel Datsyuk (5‐7‐12) and Evgeni Malkin (3‐7‐10).
- G Sergei Bobrovsky ranks fifth in the NHL in total saves this season with 284. After going 2‐1‐0 in three home starts this past week he is now 14‐6‐5 with a 1.84 GAA and .938 SV% in 25 career appearances at Nationwide Arena.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Habitat For Humanity Build: As part of the Habitat for Humanity‐MidOhio’s first Veterans Build, James Wisniweski, Jack Johnson and Jared Boll, along with coaches Todd Richards, Craig Hartsburg and Dan Hinote will head to Newark on Wednesday, Oct. 30 (approximately 2 p.m.) to help a local US Air Force veteran build a house for his young family. Kelley Flanagan and his wife have three children, the youngest with special needs. The Flanagans will be guests of the Blue Jackets as part of the organization’s Military Appreciation Night at Nationwide Arena on Saturday, November 9 when the Jackets host the New York Islanders.
Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Nationwide Children’s Hospital Visit: In recognition of Hockey Fights Cancer Month, Blue Jackets players and mascot Stinger will be visiting patients and spending time at the Galaxy Lounge at Nationwide Children’s Hospital on Tuesday, October 30 at 1:30 p.m.
Nationwide Insurance VIP Sweepstakes – Four times this season, Nationwide Insurance is awarding a lucky sweepstakes winner with a special VIP Game Experience that includes four game tickets in the Nationwide Insurance Fan Lounge, a $50 food/beverage voucher, a jersey, puck, player photo, the chance to watch warm‐ups from the team bench and a ride the Nationwide Zamboni during intermission. Fans can enter at www.BlueJackets.com/NationwideVIP with winners selected for the following games – Nov. 2 vs. Pittsburgh, Jan. 17 vs. Washington, Mar. 21 vs. NY Rangers and Apr. 4 vs. Chicago,
Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge – The Blue Jackets are offering fans the chance to go behind the bench and make the calls the head coach makes through the Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge. Fans can visit BlueJackets.com at the link below to register, pick their lineup and Join the Battle! Over 40 prizes will be awarded throughout the season including autographed pucks and jerseys, game tickets and a suite night! To play, visit http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=92446