Tuesday, Dec. 9 vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Thursday, Dec. 11 at Washington Capitals, Verizon Center, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, Dec. 13 vs. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, DEC. 9-15
Tuesday, Dec. 9: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Dec. 10: 11 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Dec. 11: 11:30 a.m. ET – Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
Friday, Dec. 12: 11:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Dec. 13: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Sunday, Dec. 14: 11 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Monday, Dec. 15: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 9-15-2 (20 pts.) – 7th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 4-8-1 (9 pts.)… Road: 5-7-1 (11 pts.)
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (9-16-25, 26 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (11-12-23, 25 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (5-11-16, 26 GP)
Leading Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (8-8-1, 2.77 GAA, .917 SV%, 17 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (1-6-1, 3.46 GAA, .897 SV%, 9 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 3-0-0… Dec. 1 – 2-1 W vs. Florida… Dec. 4 – 4-3 SOW at Florida… Dec. 6 – 3-1 W at Tampa Bay
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS – Record: 9-13-4 (22 pts.) – 6th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 6-4-2 (14 pts.)… Road: 3-9-2 (8 pts.)
Head Coach: Craig Berube… Players to Watch: RW Jakub Voracek… C Claude Giroux… RW Wayne Simmonds
All-Time: CBJ, 6-8-3 (4-2-2, home)… CBJ are 4-2-0 vs. Flyers since start of 2013-14 season and 4-0-0 at Nationwide Arena since Dec. 27, 2008… This Season: Third of five meetings… Nov. 14 – CBJ 4, at PHI 3… Nov. 22 – at PHI 4, CBJ 2… Feb. 13 at CBJ… Feb. 17 at PHI.
WASHINGTON CAPITALS – Record: 12-10-4 (28 pts.) – 3rd/Metropolitan Division… Home: 5-5-3 (13 pts.)… Road: 7-5-1 (15 pts.)
Head Coach: Barry Trotz… Players to Watch: RW Alex Ovechkin… C Nicklas Backstrom… D John Carlson
All-Time: CBJ, 6-8-5 (2-4-3, road)… CBJ went 2-1-1 last season… Home team has won six of the last seven games after road team won four of the previous five… This Season: Second of five meetings… Nov. 11 – at WSH 4, CBJ 2… Dec. 18 at CBJ… Jan. 27 at CBJ… Mar. 3 at CBJ.
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS – Record: 18-6-2 (38 pts.) – 1st/Metropolitan Division… Home: 9-4-1 (19 pts.)… Road: 9-2-1 (19 pts.)
Head Coach: Mike Johnston… Players to Watch: C Sidney Crosby… C Evgeni Malkin… G Marc-Andre Fleury
All-Time: CBJ, 5-11-3 (3-4-3, home)… Jackets are 0-6-0 in the last six regular season meetings since a 4-1 win at Pittsburgh on Feb. 8, 2011… The Pens defeated the Jackets in a six-game first round series in the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs… This Season: First of four meetings… Feb. 19 at PIT… Mar. 1 at PIT… Apr. 4 at CBJ.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT (subject to change)
• INJURED RESERVE: C Brandon Dubinsky (abdominal, surgery on Oct. 8) is day-to-day… D Fedor Tyutin (knee sprain, IR on Nov. 15) is expected to miss four to six weeks… C Mark Letestu (groin, IR on Oct. 30; surgery on Dec. 2) is expected to miss approximately six weeks… D Cody Goloubef (knee, IR on Nov. 3) is expected to miss six weeks… D Ryan Murray (knee, IR on Nov. 6 retroactive to Nov. 1) is week-to-week… C Artem Anisimov (torn triceps musle, IR on Dec. 1) is expected to miss two to three months… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 175
BLUE JACKETS MEDIA GUIDE APP NOW AVAILABLE VIA iTUNES,GOOGLE PLAY
The 2014-15 Columbus Blue Jackets Interactive Media Guide is now available for free at the iTunes Store and Google Play as fans now can download the media guide to their computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device. The guide contains interactive player bios, as well as detailed team historical and updated statistical information, records and more.
NEWS & NOTES
• Columbus has won three-straight games for the first time this season after defeating Florida (twice) and Tampa Bay last week.
• Columbus has scored the first goal of the game in three-straight and is 8-3-1 when scoring the first goal of the game this season.
• The Blue Jackets are 7-2-1 when leading after the first period and 6-1-2 when leading after the second.
• The Jackets rank fifth in the NHL with 777 hits, averaging 29.9 per game. They have recorded 30 or more in six of the last eight contests (33.9 average).
• Columbus continues to rank among the NHL’s top performers on the power play, ranking seventh in the NHL at 21.9 percent (21-of-96) and scoring with the man advantage in 17-of-26 games.
• The Blue Jackets have killed off 14-of-16 penalties (87.5%) in the last five games dating back to Nov. 28 vs. Vancouver.
• Columbus has racked up 175 man games lost to injury through its first 26 games and is on pace to finish the season with 552. The club has topped the 300-man games lost mark just twice in franchise history – 411 in 2011-12 and 343 in 2008-09.
• The Springfield Falcons, Columbus’ American Hockey League affiliate, are currently 17-7-1 (35 pts.) and sit atop the Eastern Conference standings… The Falcons and Utica Comets are tied for the best record in the AHL… Springfield has won a franchise-best 11-straight games and is 14-2-0 in their last 16 outings.
• G Sergei Bobrovsky was named the NHL’s Second Star of the Week for Dec. 1-7 after posting a 3-0-0 record, 1.62 goals-against average and .956 save percentage, stopping 109-of-114 shots faced, in three games. He set personal and franchise records for saves in a game with 52 before stopping all four shootout attempts in a 4-3 win Dec. 4 at Florida.
• C/LW Boone Jenner has recorded goals in a career-best three consecutive games and has registered 4-5-9 in his last 14 contests.
• D David Savard tied a career high with his fifth goal of the season Dec. 6 at Tampa Bay. Savard, who has 5-4-9 in 26 games this season, recorded 5-10-15 in 70 games in 2013-14.
• LW Kerby Rychel, who made his NHL debut Nov. 29 at Nashville, picked up his first NHL point (assist) Dec. 1 vs. Florida and first multi-point game (0-2-2) Dec. 4 at Florida.
• C Brandon Dubinsky is one goal away from 100 and two games shy of 500 for his NHL career.
• LW Scott Hartnell is two assists shy of 300 in his NHL career.
VOTE CBJ! – ALL-STAR FAN BALLOTING UNDERWAY
All-Star Weekend is coming to Columbus on January 24-25, 2015 and fan voting is underway now. Vote for your favorite Blue Jackets players at www.nhl.com/votecbj to see them on the ice at the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game at Nationwide Arena on Sunday, January 25. The Blue Jackets Department of Player Advocacy has provided the following videos when considering two of the club’s candidates:
CBJ HOST ANNUAL “JACKETS FOR JACKETS” COAT DRIVE THROUGH SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13
The Blue Jackets, in partnership with WBNS-10TV, are asking fans to support The Salvation Army of Central Ohio’s efforts to help local families in need by donating a coat during the eighth annual “Jackets for Jackets” coat drive. Fans are encouraged to donate new and gently used coats of all sizes now through December 13 at Nationwide Arena, participating OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks and FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line locations. All collected coats will be donated to the Salvation Army of Central Ohio and then redistributed to local families. Since its inception in 2007, the “Jackets for Jackets” program has collected over 7,500 coats for distribution to those in need.
KIA AND THE BLUE JACKETS WANT TO GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO TAKE A SHOT ON BOB
Fans can enter now to win the opportunity to meet and take shots on Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky following an upcoming team practice by entering the “Shots on Bob” contest via www.BlueJackets.com/Kia. In addition to the meet and greet and on-ice opportunity, three grand prize winners and their guests will each receive t-shirts and two tickets to an upcoming home game, while 10 consolation prize winners will also be awarded game tickets and a t-shirt.
MARZETTI YOUTH HOCKEY MOM OF THE YEAR SEARCH IS UNDERWAY
Fans can nominate their favorite hockey mom at www.BlueJackets.com/HockeyMom as Marzetti will once again recognize a Hockey Mom of the Year. Six monthly winners will receive four tickets to an upcoming game, a $50 gift card and in-arena recognition throughout the season. A grand prize winner will be selected and receive four tickets and a limousine ride to a game, a meet and greet with a Blue Jackets player, a spa day for two, three months worth of groceries, a Marzetti’s gift basket and more.
KENDA TIRES FOR TICKETS
Anyone who purchases Kenda Tires at a participating Tire Discounters location will receive a rebate that can be mailed in with their sales receipt to receive a corresponding number of tickets to one of the following CBJ home games – Feb. 6 vs. St. Louis, Mar. 3 vs. Washington or Mar. 24 vs. Anaheim. Buy four tires, receive four tickets. The offer is good throughout the month of November.