EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Welcome to the third weekly edition of the Community Spotlight on BlueJackets.com
. Before we get started this week, let's all thank our lucky charms for one heck of a Stanley Cup Final so far. I didn't get a chance to do "Mix's Picks" for the Final - which isn't necessarily a bad thing - but if I had to pick a winner right now with the series tied 2-2, give me the Blackhawks. I think they're warmed up and ready to go.
Also: thanks to everyone who came out to Front Street Fridays last week with Mark Letestu. I can't remember seeing such a big crowd for #CBJFSF and it was a great afternoon in beautiful weather.
Here goes my weekly disclaimer: my blog feed isn't always 100 percent reliable and some things fall through the cracks. We'll make this bigger and better with each passing week, taking a look at what our most active fans are talking about on social media. Don't be shy about telling me if I've missed something; if we don't catch it this week, send me a tweet and it'll be in our next edition.
So, what's been going on in the Blue Jackets community? Let's have a look.BOBROVSKY WINS!
Sergei Bobrovsky's Vezina Trophy win was well-deserved
, according to John Davidson who talked about the award on last week's Sunday Morning Skate radio show. Hundreds of Blue Jackets fans packed the Buffalo Wild Wings location in Grandview for an awesome viewing party, complete with #Bob4Vezina buttons, prize giveaways and Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final. A great time, as always.2013 DRAFT PARTY
The Blue Jackets are hosting their annual draft party on Sunday, June 30 beginning at 2:30 p.m. on the floor of Nationwide Arena. A late addition to the party is the Vezina Trophy, which will be available during the event for fan photos and general staring at the beautiful-ness that is the trophy. For a full rundown of what to expect at this year's draft party, check out the itinerary right here
. JACKET BACKERS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The Three-Legged Mare (located behind Nationwide Arena) has invited the Jacket Backers to work some beverages stands for Red, White and BOOM! on July 3 downtown Columbus. The Jacket Backers are seeking volunteers to work shifts between 2 p.m. and midnight that would last between three and four hours each. If you're interested, contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Another Jacket Backers item: next Wednesday, June 26, marks the group's officer elections and summer get-together at Northwoods/Worthington. Know someone who might be a prospective member of the Jacket Backers and wants to see what it's all about? This is the perfect event to bring them along for. Appetizers begin at 6:30 p.m. with voting to take place around 7 p.m.Now, for this week's links off the blogroll...
- Haven't heard of Union & Blue? Well, you should. The newest Blue Jackets blog (powered by the FanSided network) is looking for writers with a passion for Blue Jackets hockey. Their latest piece takes a look at Blue Jackets players with expiring contracts
and what the future may hold.
- Our friend CBJ Prospects offers his thoughts on the upcoming draft with his official, final 2013 mock draft
- Matt Wagner of SB Nation's The Cannon blog delivers the good news: CannonFest will return for a fourth installment this summer. The popular fan party is back again - but due to high demand, it's moving to an all-new location! Get the details here
- Mark from HashtagCBJ.com analyzes the impact of Bobrovsky's Vezina Trophy
- Can't get enough Bobrovsky coverage? Jeff Little from The Hockey Writers weighs in with his latest
on the Blue Jackets' emerging young goaltender.